so I wired my JP rig for the 2nd time..

and I ran into problems again... wonder where these problems would stop :laugh2:

my volume pots aren't working properly.. both I still hear my guitar even they're on 0.

when I pull the Neck Tone, the bridge pup won't work.

I checked the wiring like 10x I'm pretty sure I got it right from this diagram:
Quote by ai3gtmc
so I wired my JP rig for the 2nd time..

and I ran into problems again... wonder where these problems would stop :laugh2:

my volume pots aren't working properly.. both I still hear my guitar even they're on 0.
if the volume is fairly loud when the volumes are at 0, you probably don't have the ccw lug of the volume pots connected to ground. If the volume is faint, maybe crappy pots that don't turn all the way to the end of the resistance.

Quote by ai3gtmc
when I pull the Neck Tone, the bridge pup won't work.
1 - your bridge controls don't work in that position. they aren't supposed to. but the bridge pickup is wired in series with the neck on that setting.

2 - the selector switch MUST be in the neck, or both position. if you put it in the bridge position, no sound. crappy design. that's just the way it works.

3 - there is a better JP style wiring here: http://guitarnuts2.proboards45.com/index.cgi?board=schem&action=display&thread=3159
that guy really thought of everything when he designed it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Take it apart.
Wire it up normal.
Make sure it works.
Wire up 1 or 2 switches.
Make sure they work.
Repeat last two steps till it works.

Also Ultimate Wiring Thread FTW!!

Listen to SYK
Last edited by PainIsPower at Mar 4, 2009,
I'll check that wiring I'll try it out later. thanks for the replies
hmm that thread is kinda dead.. I guess I can ask here a simple question?(I guess so)

what did he mean by solder screen braids on the 3 way switch? I'm kinda new to this thing..
Last edited by ai3gtmc at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by ai3gtmc
hmm that thread is kinda dead.. I guess I can ask here a simple question?(I guess so)

what did he mean by solder screen braids on the 3 way switch? I'm kinda new to this thing..
the way i read it, the wires he used for those connections are shielded cable. the brown indicates the outer (braided) and the red indicates the inner conductor.

You'd get a better answer from the guy who created that. That's a small forum of very bright wiring guys. They don't have the traffic that UG has and about all they do is wiring. But they do it well.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.