hi,
how to make that cool sound he does in in the 1st part of a Nottingham lace live.
It's like a pinched harmonic very sharp followed by a "normal" note.
He doesn't move his fingers to do this,just play a pinched harm
and then produce the natural fret note without picking or moving l.h. animore.

p.s. here is the the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

thanks
If you're on about what I think you're on about, he's using a Digitech Whammy to shift the pitch of the note up an octave (hence the sweeping sound towards the note) and then rocking the pedal back to give the original (unshifted) note. It's the same technique as the solo to Killing In The Name Of by RATM, and can only be achieved with a Digitech Whammy or similar expression-based pitch shifter pedal.

They're pretty expensive, though I have one because they're great fun, but if you only want it for that song it isn't worth the price.

Edit: You're on about from 47 seconds in, right?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Mar 4, 2009,
Yeh hes definately using a whammy in the second riff. I don't know about any pinched harmonic part though.
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by nugiboy
Yeh hes definately using a whammy in the second riff. I don't know about any pinched harmonic part though.

thank u,
i was driving insane trying to emulate him.
So I'ts just a pedal...

thanks for the speed answer
another question : is there a jordan full live on the web?i can't find it
i presume he uses the same pedal together with killswitch to perform jordan
Quote by KDC
thank u,
i was driving insane trying to emulate him.
So I'ts just a pedal...

thanks for the speed answer
another question : is there a jordan full live on the web?i can't find it
i presume he uses the same pedal together with killswitch to perform jordan

Yeah, parts of Jordan have the Whammy in It's a very popular pedal to be honest; if you are thinking of getting one this is the pedal: link

Oh, and I'm not sure about the Jordan live clips, haven't found a full version done live but then I doubt he plays the same thing live because it would be more fun for him to improvise some sections and to play around with different extended sections etc. I'm not the biggest Buckethead fan though, so I'm not the best help at finding his songs
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Mar 4, 2009,
He doesn't play the "song" buckethead live at all, its just an intro, the solo he played for Guitar Hero is actually "Jordan" plus an unnamed solo. At least as far as I know. There is a video of a guy that LOOKS like buckethead (has a bucket on his head and mask and stuff, its not that hard) who does it, but it's not actually buckethead.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
I'd say it's 1 of the most versatile pedals + quality for it's price.

I'm thinking to buy 1 too soon.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 7, 2009,