Page 1 of 6
hey guys

yeah as title suggests, how much smoking would be bad and cause long-term damage?

please dont answer with 'any smoking is bad', i'm totally aware, im just wondering. like would a cig a day be all that bad for your health?
Quote by filthandfury
Smoking is bad.

+1

Smoking is bad.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
.... yes. a cig a day would be bad.

literally any smoking is bad. one cigarette in your whole life is worse than none.

some people choose to do it anyway, and that's their choice. but make no mistake. smoking is bad for your health.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by jimithrash
like would a cig a day be all that bad for your health?

Serious answer now: of course. Besides, in the dissection room in uni we have a "healthy" lung, a smoker's lung and a mineworker's lung put next to each other. I tell you, it's not a pretty sight - you could hardly tell any difference between the smoker's and the mineworker's lung, they were both completely charred black.

So, yes, it's that bad.
drugs are only bad when idiots abuse them! and on the smoking thing? one a day will not do you any harm, but the problem is after a year or so that number could increase to 20 a day, making harder to stop and more likely to cause long term problems such as death.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Serious answer now: of course. Besides, in the dissection room in uni we have a "healthy" lung, a smoker's lung and a mineworker's lung put next to each other. I tell you, it's not a pretty sight - you could hardly tell any difference between the smoker's and the mineworker's lung, they were both completely charred black.

So, yes, it's that bad.

thanks for that, were you aware of how much the smoker smoked?

and do lungs regenerate? if they are charred will they unchar after quitting? sounds silly but im curious
Quote by alidunwoodie
drugs are only bad when idiots abuse them! and on the smoking thing? one a day will not do you any harm, but the problem is after a year or so that number could increase to 20 a day, making harder to stop and more likely to cause long term problems such as death.

Of course it will. Give me a scientific explanation as to how a cigarette a day wouldn't do you any harm.
every cigarette is doing you damage 13QUIT

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Smoking is one of those things that may cause damage to you, and give you cancer or heart disease... in the same way that eating a fry every morning would.

The government blown smoking way out of proportion.
My granny smoked from when she was 14 and quit two years ago, and she's fine. Not even a cough, not even a grey hair.

It depends on the person.
I've smoked for nearly 5 years, I smoke unfiltered rollies and go through a 25g pouch in about four days.
And contrary to what the government would lead you to think, I am not currently suffering from cancer.

I had a beer last night, which will also make me die slowly.
And I had a chocolate bar yesturday... Oh god, more cancer.
Nah you'll be fine. Smoking isn't bad at all, it's just those damn communist abortion approving mexican job stealing faschist anti-american terrorist foreign flagburning propagandamaking nazi hippy canadian russian liberals who say smoking is bad.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
ok it could do you some harm, but walking around a big city, or eating junk food will be just as bad for your health as 1 smoke a day!
Quote by Callo
every cigarette is doing you damage 13QUIT

i hate those ads. they're so sad...
i hope that they work...

edit:
Quote by Casketcreep
Smoking is one of those things that may cause damage to you, and give you cancer or heart disease... in the same way that eating a fry every morning would.

My granny smoked from when she was 14 and quit two years ago, and she's fine. Not even a cough, not even a grey hair.

I've smoked for nearly 5 years, I smoke unfiltered rollies and go through a 25g pouch in about four days.
And contrary to what the government would lead you to think, I am not currently suffering from cancer.

theres an ad that used to play in australia with these people who were talking about smoking. in one of them, the scene went like this:

*lady is doing the shopping, talking casually to the camera*
"my father smoked all his life. no problems at all. he lived to be 80"

*cut to woman in hospital with lung cancer, hooked up to all sorts of machines*
"i'm 40..."

that's how it is with smoking. you cant tell what it's going to do to you at any given time, but they will do damage.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Last edited by instagata0 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Casketcreep

shuthte****up your "granny" is only 0.0001% of the population and is hardly scientific evidence. Neither are you.

I know you're trolling right there son.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Casketcreep

Oh yeah, base the entire effects of long-term smoking on one person. That's science, kids!
Quote by Casketcreep

yes i am told frequently the govt overexaggerate their views on smoking- and yeah its for the greater good- but it cant be that bad unless you smoke like 10-a deck/pack a day

thanks for that, how olds your grandma ?
Quote by jimithrash
yes i am told frequently the govt overexaggerate their views on smoking- and yeah its for the greater good- but it cant be that bad unless you smoke like 10-a deck/pack a day

Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by jimithrash

On second thought, smoke all you want. We should urge every moron to smoke more to weed out the dumber parts of the population.
Quote by jimithrash
thanks for that, were you aware of how much the smoker smoked?

According to the professor he was an "average smoker", meaning he probably didn't smoke a pack a day... probably 1 a day, maybe 2. But like I said, it was a horrid sight. Also, forgot to mention there was a lung of a "passive" smoker too... almost just as bad as the "active" smoker.
Quote by jimithrash
and do lungs regenerate? if they are charred will they unchar after quitting? sounds silly but im curious

Smoking damages the lung's natural defense/regeneration systems (thin mucus layer lining the lung's walls, covered with tiny little hairs, as a defense barrier)... so, in normal circumstances the lungs would be able to recover to some extent, but smoking damages that ability as well!
I smoke to speed up the inevitable.
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
Quote by Kensai
On second thought, smoke all you want. We should urge every moron to smoke more to weed out the dumber parts of the population.

im thankin him for his input

and i dont need a mature guy like you to tell me to smoke all i want, i just want some raw facts
Quote by filthandfury
Smoking is bad.

Mmmkay.
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by Kensai

Social Darwinism ftw.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
One a day probably won't kill you much earlier, but I just think that it's a disgusting habit.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by jimithrash
im thankin him for his input

and i dont need a mature guy like you to tell me to smoke all i want, i just want some raw facts

His input is so flawed you're obviously cherrypicking what you want to see and treat that as fact.

Quote by Laces Out Danny
Social Darwinism ftw.

If only
Quote by Casketcreep

wow! your nanna has been smoking a long time and she hasnt got illness from it!
dont worry about the countless millions of people, this guys ganma doesnt have a smoking related illness!

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

1 cig a day won't do much damage.

Car exhausts and the filhty air in cities is probably worse.

But ye smoking 1 cig is bad duh ofcourse.

So is drinking alcohol and so is eating junkfood.

The keyword "amount" is where the difference lies.

Unfortunately cigs or shall I say the nicotine the companys put in tobacco to get more money of ur addiction is where it's ****ed up.

Smoke of a cig is well the same as inhaling any other smoke really of something that is burning.

Nicotine = bad.

Same reason why some people smoke cigars for taste, that's purely taste. In tobacco it's the nicotine that makes it "Taste good".

I'm an ex smoker btw (Sometimes still smoke if it's uber cold or if I'm uber bored)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by jimithrash

Why did I even bother trying to explain to you that it CAN BE BAD? That, in fact, IT IS TERRIBLY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH?! Even HALF a cigarette a day is bad...
Quote by Kensai
His input is so flawed you're obviously cherrypicking what you want to see and treat that as fact.

Indeed. Stop hearing only what you want to hear, and open up your ears for the rest - who is obviously giving you much better advice.
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Mar 4, 2009,
goddam sounds like im gonna cut back a tad, i dont smoke that much anyways 1-3 a day at the most... im not addicted, i feel i can quit anytime .. mite limit myself to just 1 a day, then occasionally when i go out.

thanks a lot ze guitarist, some very valuable input from you
Quote by Kensai

If only

We'll start the revolution!

Tomorrow, you and me at the parking lot behind the school
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Thing is, one cigarette a day can easy turn into 2-3 which will slowly (or quickly) become an addiction.