It's 5 days left until my birthday and my parents are asking what I'd like as a present. I don't really know what I'd like myself, the budget is somewhere around 0-150 €/$ I guess.

I've checked out some possible stuff that I'd want at my local music store, and I've seen the Microcube is on sale for 99 €. I'm also interested in recording songs and my own songs in the future and I've seen the Line 6 Pod Studio GX/UX1/UX2 recording devices and some Zoom recording devices. I've also seen the Line 6 Toneport. Although I don't really know how these recording devices work or if they're any good at all, all I know is that you plug it into the computer and you choose between some modellings and start recording.

I'd be glad if I could get some info about these recording devices like how they work, if they're any good and things like that.

I'm also open for suggestions!
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Last edited by tweeb at Mar 4, 2009,
seeing you already have the cube 30x, i don't know why you'd get the microcube...
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
ive used the toneport before for some recording on my roommates computer. he upgraded to vista and cant seem to get the thing working now. back home I use cubase and it comes with an interface device and works really well

EDIT: went and checked prices, cubase is out of your price range
Quote by cthuludawn21
seeing you already have the cube 30x, i don't know why you'd get the microcube...

I thought it'd be useful for things like bringing it to friends and similiar occasions, I'm not entirely sure if I would use it that much though.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Personally I think the best thing you suggested there was the Microcube, except you already have a bigger one so I'm confused as to why you'd want a smaller one. Maybe the Toneport would be good?
The microcube is a good little home practice amp - you can get some good sounds out of it, but you know that already - you've got the Cube 30. It's a safe bet. As far as recording your own songs is concerned, my experiences with Line 6 in general are not that great, and though I have heard some good things of the TonePort, I would suggest the M-Audio FastTrack.

The idea is the same - it's a USB audio interface with stereo and mono out, 1/4 in, a mic preamp in, and stereo out for both speakers and headphones. It's a very nice little interface, and I've had no real issues with it. It's very simple, easy to understand, and functional. It only comes with a demo of ableton, though, so that's something to consider - I'm unsure of whether or not the Tone Port comes with some type of fully functioning tracking software.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
The microcube is a good little home practice amp - you can get some good sounds out of it, but you know that already - you've got the Cube 30. It's a safe bet. As far as recording your own songs is concerned, my experiences with Line 6 in general are not that great, and though I have heard some good things of the TonePort, I would suggest the M-Audio FastTrack.

The idea is the same - it's a USB audio interface with stereo and mono out, 1/4 in, a mic preamp in, and stereo out for both speakers and headphones. It's a very nice little interface, and I've had no real issues with it. It's very simple, easy to understand, and functional. It only comes with a demo of ableton, though, so that's something to consider - I'm unsure of whether or not the Tone Port comes with some type of fully functioning tracking software.

Do you know how much they sell for? Looks like I'll have to see if they've have any M-Audio FastTracks in stock then.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Get a haircut, and get a real job.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Quote by 68_SG

Get a life. I will start working for the summer by June and hopefully get enough money for some new equipment.

Quote by rock howard
dude get the wah wah...

I've alredy got the Vox 847A.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Last edited by tweeb at Mar 4, 2009,
a nice overdrive pedal could sweeten up the sound of your cube - maybe look at a boss os-2 or bluesbreaker? or if you're more into metal etc. metalmuffs are nice sounding.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
a nice overdrive pedal could sweeten up the sound of your cube - maybe look at a boss os-2 or bluesbreaker? or if you're more into metal etc. metalmuffs are nice sounding.

I've read about the Cube doesn't take effect pedals really well, still a nicer slightly overdriven tone would be nice though.
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by 68_SG

damn i havent heard that in years... thanks for the reminder. i gotta download that song
Guitars: Ibanez AS 103 nt
Fender HM Strat
Quote by corey3815
I'd go for the Toneport, my man. I'm running it on Vista, and for recording purposes, you won't find anything better in your price range. If you'd like to hear how it sounds, just go to my profile. All the songs on there were recorded with it.

Is there any major difference between the Toneport and the Guitarport, also what is the difference between the Ux1 and the GX?
Guitars

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah