So i need a killswitch effect but I have until tomorrow to create it for an examination in a snong. I have a single tone and volume knob Ibanez so can't use the old Les Paul p-up selector trick. Anyone have any suggestions how I can recreate a killswitch effect?

Basically, I'm playing The Rasmus - In The Shadows (not my choice) and I can't seem to get the sustain on the harmonic at the beginning to go on long enough and it's difficult to switch the pickup selector and have to keep re-picking the harmonic without losing the rhythm. So I need help! And free or cheap would be best guys, thanks!
make a killswitch pedal.

seriously, it's the easiest pedal you could possibly make.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by kurt5494
I can't seem to get the sustain on the harmonic at the beginning to go on long enough

how is the killswitch going to help you sustain?

edit: nevermind, I forget that there was that bit at the start.
though if you want that effect, press down on a fret and pick over the octave postion. e.g. press the 12th fret and pick over the 24th, or press on the 9th and pick over the 21st etc.
play staccato with that in the right rhythm.
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Mar 4, 2009,
I personally just unplug/plug in the patch cord on my guitar rapidly. If you watch Jack White in Blackpool Lights playing Let's Build a Home, you'll get the idea.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.