I want to glue a 1/4 inch maple top to the body i am making.

I it better to glue the top on before cutting out the body shape, or should i cut out the body and add the top later?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
i like gluing them later, so i don't f the top up, and so my nice even glueing isn't ****ed as well
Quote by athlete1
i like gluing them later, so i don't f the top up, and so my nice even glueing isn't ****ed as well

alright cheers.

i'm gonna go cut out the body now then.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I would ruffly cut out the shape on both, then glue them, then you will have scrap of the top for headstock overlays and such.

Then use a template and a router to get the body to the exact dimensions, or just sand it, w.e

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
I would ruffly cut out the shape on both, then glue them, then you will have scrap of the top for headstock overlays and such.

Then use a template and a router to get the body to the exact dimensions, or just sand it, w.e

well i havent actually bought the top yet, but i have made my body blank. im just itching to cut out the body and was wondering whether i should wait for the top first.

cheers

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
how are you glueing it down? if its a vaccum bag then i'd say wait, if your clamping it or something then it doesnt really matter a whole lot.