So yeah i was at practice last night and after two hours of practicing fine, on the last song of the night my amp got really quiet out of nowhere...like reaaaaally quiet...poweramp tubes are lighting up normally but im guessing its them...please i need help

thank you

Augusto
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
lol @ buying a windsor
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
You checked your cables?
Checked battery? (If Active Pickups)

Taken it to a shop for a checkup/tube change?

Edit:
Theres nothing wrong with Windsors you loser.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
well first to the first post....you are too with that ad30...to the second poster, i just went to your profile...and yeah ill leave it at that

thank you to the third post

yup, checked all cables and stuff...even tried everything with another amp,,,tried two different cabs...its deff. the head

the problem is i dont have time to take it to the shop...i mean i got an amp for the show...just not my amp

any other opinions?
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
yeah, not very helpful so far.

Check those things and Google "___City____ Amp shops" and see if you can find someone that can get you a 'matched' quad of EL34's

Not sure if they would need to biased or not. If someone here doesn't know than hit up the forums or something at Peavey.com

good luck
thanks a lot...i dont think it needs biasing...i think it was forranaziel (i probably got it wrong) who told me that...but ill check anyway

anyhow now i get to play the show with a 1951 amp...thats almost like three times my age
If you don't know much about amps I suggest you go to a local guitar store. if they can't look at it they probably know a tech who'll find out what's within a few minutes
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Otsugua713
thanks a lot...i dont think it needs biasing...i think it was forranaziel (i probably got it wrong) who told me that...but ill check anyway

anyhow now i get to play the show with a 1951 amp...thats almost like three times my age

You DO need to bias them.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Hcmanu
lol @ buying a windsor

lol @ uneducated comment.

Anyways. I'd go through every pice of your rig; check your cables, batteries in pedals, batteries in p'ups if you use active, amp's power supply.

Sounds like your problem is tubes, but it could be something else. i'm not quite sure to be honest...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Farether
You DO need to bias them.

So are you 100% sure that his amp is not Cathode bias or non-adjustable Fixed bias?

also TS, if you are gigging frequently it is wise to have spare tubes for events like this

PS: and that was probably forsaknazrael (John)
I don't think Windsors have a bias pot...I've yet to have mine retubed though

TS: if you've tried all the obvious stuff that someone else mentioned earlier...its likely your tubes. Most guitar shops will have what you need.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 4, 2009,
This will probably help. Looks like it is fixed bias. You could potentially get a bias probe and do it yourself but I'm thinking you need to take it in. (It is not plug and play like a Valveking).

http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3317&hilit=Windsor+bias
thanks a lot 311...i really appreciate it
oh yeah...i have a 1951 weird ass amp that i borrowed from my boss at the studio i work at...i just wanted to play with my amp ...who doesnt...
Quote by Otsugua713
oh yeah...i have a 1951 weird ass amp that i borrowed from my boss at the studio i work at.

I'd seriously mess around with that and see what it's capable of, could have a gem under your nose right there.
im presuming its a bass amp, not that it is a bad thing, because it is very bassy but nothing my EQ pedal cant fix...its 50 watts and it stays very clean even at high volumes so im gonna have to use my OCD for od, not that its a bad thing either

ill take pics tomorrow maybe

oh and the brand is Sano
Last edited by Otsugua713 at Mar 4, 2009,
yeah im sure the warranty is out on the windsor...ive had it for almost 2 years now and never changed the tubes, so its probably just that...its really a bummer that i have to get it biased to put in new tubes though