This band is the **** right here. They kick ass and sound heavy and all they do is play power chords. Complelely unique sound.
well, thats not ALL they do. Listened to Razorblade Suitcase recently, and there's some guitar work in the background. its just not at the forefront.
I didn't mean that literally all they do is power chords but there's Little Things and Glycerine. Those are pretty much power chords.
My Mom is obsessed with them, having listened to all of Bush's stuff I can say I'm a fan. Testostrone is my favorite.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Yeah that one.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I am a huge Bush fan! Sixteen Stone is classic and Golden State is great as well! Razorblade Suitcase has some good track! I love Machinehead, Greedy Fly, Everything Zen, The Chemical Between Us, Glycerine, Inflatable... Excellent Band, that kind of got wrongly placed in the Grunge genre!

Also to the OP that said all they do is play power chords! Dude pull your head out of the sand and listen to something else besides Glycerine!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
This is totally the thread for me!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Bush are INCREDIBLE. One of my favorite bands ever.
The outro in Comedown is one of the best ever.
"why didn't you, why didn't you, why didn't you why didn't you why didn't you why didn't you why didn't you why didn't you WHY didn't you..... comedown?"
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
God was this band hated when I was in high school, they were huge posers that where nirvana rip-offs and you would get hated on if you said you like them. But I would always buy there albums and listen to them by myself when no one was around.
Sixteen Stone just has awesome track after awesome track.

Me loves it.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by PRS4LIFE
God was this band hated when I was in high school, they were huge posers that where nirvana rip-offs and you would get hated on if you said you like them. But I would always buy there albums and listen to them by myself when no one was around.

Thats BS! Bush was originated in england had no influence from the Seattle bands. Nirvana did not create grunge rock, and technically they ripped off other bands and Kurt himself could admit it. Go listen to Meat Puppets II album and u you will instantly notice how Kurt imitated his vocal style from Curt Kirkwood of Meat Puppets. And his song writing and melody ripped off bands from The Pixies to The Beatles! Nirvana did not originate anything, with the combination of the correct image, sound and catchy single, they helped move the Seattle sound into the mainstream. Alot of Grunge fans did pick up on Bush because of the similarities, but they are in no way a Nirvana rip off.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black
Quote by zuckuss00
Thats BS! Bush was originated in england had no influence from the Seattle bands. Nirvana did not create grunge rock, and technically they ripped off other bands and Kurt himself could admit it. Go listen to Meat Puppets II album and u you will instantly notice how Kurt imitated his vocal style from Curt Kirkwood of Meat Puppets. And his song writing and melody ripped off bands from The Pixies to The Beatles! Nirvana did not originate anything, with the combination of the correct image, sound and catchy single, they helped move the Seattle sound into the mainstream. Alot of Grunge fans did pick up on Bush because of the similarities, but they are in no way a Nirvana rip off.

I don't think they were a rip off was just talking about what people in high school thought. There lyrics did sound contrived thou.
I agree with PRS4LIFE. They weren't well-respected at my school either. Personally I think Sixteen Stone was good. After that, aside from Greedy Fly, nothing really impressed me. Ah well....
I thought they were fun to listen to, but they just sounded like they hopped on the grunge band wagon.
Quote by Ckaliban
I agree with PRS4LIFE. They weren't well-respected at my school either. Personally I think Sixteen Stone was good. After that, aside from Greedy Fly, nothing really impressed me. Ah well....

Yeah! Its just ignorance thats all! The same way people also hated Creed and Nickleback, just because its the "cool" thing to do. When really, both those bands had the potential to be one of the biggest bands to come out of the 90s! Creed broke up and look at Nickleback now ! But you still cant deny the talent they had. Same with Bush! Also Bush does have some descent material besides Sixteen Stone, Golden State was actually a good album!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black