I was just wondering why Mac's supposed to be much better at recording that windows.
Is it like the software or what?

Edit: Also sorry if this should go into the gear forum, i wasn't too sure tbh.
Because they're crap at everything else.

*Runs away*

Disclaimer: Kidding

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Last edited by Jaymz_515 at Mar 4, 2009,
Logic Pro 8.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Because whoever said that happened to have a better soundcard/mic on their Mac than the (probably only) PC they actually tried recording on.
Having tried both I wouldn't say they are, Cubase on the the PC seems to make it easier to access things than Logic Pro 8 on the Mac. Just my oppinion though, I'm shure a lot of people prefer Logic Pro
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
No idea, probably just an assumption based on the fact that professionals use them.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It's preference.

Most people, in my experience, say it becuae macs come with Garage Band, so they assume that it's geared towards recording.

In my experience, they're both about equal if you know how to use them.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Well the stock soundcard on my HP is ****. Especially when compared to a Mac's. Other than that, I don't know. Macs are made for those of a lesser intellect which is why it is preferred by many musicians.
#DTWD
Quote by faultyy
Having tried both I wouldn't say they are, Cubase on the the PC seems to make it easier to access things than Logic Pro 8 on the Mac. Just my oppinion though, I'm shure a lot of people prefer Logic Pro

Cubase and Protools are easy to use, but are more limited than Logic Pro.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
They aren't better, this is a myth the Mac company has pushed out so long it has became excepted as truth, in fact recording quality comes down to what you hardware is the quality of your soundcard you EQ board your mic and which software your using.
Quote by Normul
Cubase and Protools are easy to use, but are more limited than Logic Pro.

I can see what you mean with Cubase, but Pro Tools?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I think dat eitha is gud cus like i use audacity n i can downlode it on both, amirite?

Everyone's a mac fanboy these days, so I'd say try both out for yourself and decide which suits you best.
One reason is that ProTools is the industry standard DAW (for the most part) and it was designed for Macs and therefore tends to run better. I use ProTools, and my college teaches ProTools (on Macs), so I have a Mac.

Also: The peripherals don't need drivers, and they're better at rationing out their RAM than PCs are. The user interface is simpler, and more applications are available for them.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by faultyy
I can see what you mean with Cubase, but Pro Tools?

Pro Tools is better than Cubase, but everything in Logic is customizable. Plus, Steven Wilson uses Logic and that man knows his ****.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
It's one of those things that used to be true and no longer is.

PC has caught up, Mac is still favoured in the industry because of tradition.

The same way many molecular biologists still cling to macs because they used to do graphics better, now they're the same.
Quote by Sid McCall

Also: The peripherals don't need drivers, and they're better at rationing out their RAM than PCs are. The user interface is simpler, and more applications are available for them.

None of that is true.
Ahh thanks guys, whats the diffrence(genrally) in terms of specs between say a mac laptop and a windows of similar price at stock for example do macs(genrally) come with say more ram or like a better soundcard or anything?
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Ahh thanks guys, whats the diffrence(genrally) in terms of specs between say a mac laptop and a windows of similar price at stock for example do macs(genrally) come with say more ram or like a better soundcard or anything?

Macs cost a lot more for similar specs. The costumer service, buying experience and reliability of a Mac is better in my opinion though. Plus, a Mac can run Windows just as well, if not better than a PC.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Quote by Normul
Pro Tools is better than Cubase, but everything in Logic is customizable. Plus, Steven Wilson uses Logic and that man knows his ****.
Fo sho. Steven Wilson is a GENIUS.

The software seems to be better (I use Cubase on PC atm and while it's OK, the guitar sounds are terrible and Virtual Instruments are appalling) and my teacher told me something about less input latency.
Quote by Normul
Macs cost a lot more for similar specs. The costumer service, buying experience and reliability of a Mac is better in my opinion though. Plus, a Mac can run Windows just as well, if not better than a PC.

Lies you must have not called Mac tech support that often, not saying any windows tech support is good. in short all tech support sucks.

and better thats laughable, bootcamp is not better then running windows on a PC.
Quote by strat0blaster
It's preference.

Most people, in my experience, say it becuae macs come with Garage Band, so they assume that it's geared towards recording.

In my experience, they're both about equal if you know how to use them.

------------

Garage Band
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
As a Mac and a PC user, I have to say they both have the same performance. However, Macs are more convenient for recording because OSX has the compliant drivers for most recording hardware built right in and routing your audio hardware to your DAW, sequencers, etc, is very easy whereas on Windows there are driver issues or hardware not being recognized and synced up sometimes.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
mostly it's just the standard. It's what they teach sound production on in college
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by Darkice
Holy crap you can get a really nice windows laptop for the price of a mac laptop.

When it comes to laptop, the only one worth buying is the MacBook. If you really intend to use a laptop as a laptop, MacBooks have the only decent structural design suited for portability. All other laptops use traditional design, traditional being flawed and problematic in a lot of aspects such as heat management, ventilation, size, etc.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Darkice
My laptop is the **** what are you talking about Alienware m17 super get one for the same price as a macbook

Alienware is the biggest ripoff brand on the market, next to Sony Vaio laptops. You want a real gaming laptop that's worth the money? Try Asus or MacBook Pro.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
did you just say a Macbook Pro For gaming....???

My brother has a ASUS I was not impressed
and all Alienware desktop are a rip off but for what you get I find there laptops are very nice.
all audio hook ups quadcore 4gb Crossfire Graphic cards not many other company's can offer that in a laptop for the same price.
Last edited by Darkice at Mar 4, 2009,
Lets see...

Mac book pro 3,099$
2.9GHz dual core
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Glossy Widescreen Display

Alienware 3,049$
intel quad core 3.0GHz
4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB
500GB (500GB x 2) 7,200RPM (16MB Cache) w/Free Fall Protection raid 0
Dual 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870

and which is the ripoff?
Quote by Darkice
They aren't better, this is a myth the Mac company has pushed out so long it has became excepted as truth, in fact recording quality comes down to what you hardware is the quality of your soundcard you EQ board your mic and which software your using.

This. Although I will admit that most lower level macs have better specs than most lower level pcs (however they ARE more expensive...), but at the end of the day it depends on your hardware and whichever software you feel most comfortable with.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
My OMGWTFFAST gaming PC - Okay/good for recording, Amplitube gets alot of latency due to "Not enough memory" with 2 gig of ram...

Stock mac at college - Win/awesome for recording, no latency, at all, just wins.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by Normul
Logic Pro 8.

This and more.

There is something made of win in them.

No one knows. The people that don't, just hate them for nothing.
Standard iMacs aren't, Mac Pros are good because they have better specs than pretty much any Windows PC running an OS that can run DAWs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They're not, that's fuckin' why.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Darkice
Lets see...

Mac book pro 3,099$
2.9GHz dual core
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Glossy Widescreen Display

Alienware 3,049$
intel quad core 3.0GHz
4GB« Dual Channel DDR3 SO-DIMM at 1066MHz – 2 x 2048MB
500GB (500GB x 2) 7,200RPM (16MB Cache) w/Free Fall Protection raid 0
Dual 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870

and which is the ripoff?

Congratulations, you know how to copy and paste. But you still haven't got it through your head that there's more to worry about in a laptop than its specs. If Alienware used the same method of design, its laptops would easily cost over $4000. You can get similar specs in an Asus for about 1000-1500 less. Also, 7200RPM in a laptop is just stupid. I can tell the designers really thought about battery life. And yes, MacBook Pros can play games, they have a 9600GT and 9400GT after all.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 4, 2009,