Poll: Who do you get along with better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who do you get along with better?
Mom
44 57%
Dad
33 43%
Voters: 77.
For me, its definitely my mom, my personality is more similar to hers than my dads and I have a much easier time communicating with her, she's more of a people people, love to socialize and stuff.

Though its cause my grandfather (on my Dad's side) was a military man and was one of those serious types that didn't like to talk very much...like if you've seen The Good Shepherd, he's kind of like Matt Damon's character. And so he raised my Dad that way as well so sometimes its really hard to communicate with him cause he just doesn't like to talk and is always serious about everything.

So what about you guys?
Quote by S)E-Javelin
For me, its definitely my mom, my personality is more similar to hers than my dads and I have a much easier time communicating with her, she's more of a people people, love to socialize and stuff.

Though its cause my grandfather (on my Dad's side) was a military man and was one of those serious types that didn't like to talk very much...like if you've seen The Good Shepherd, he's kind of like Matt Damon's character. And so he raised my Dad that way as well so sometimes its really hard to communicate with him cause he just doesn't like to talk and is always serious about everything.

So what about you guys?

This.
i technically have more in common with me dad, and can chat to him better, ranging from football, music, girls, cars etc. and we go to the pub occasionally.

however, it's a lot more up and down, and we have some nasty arguments from time to time, sometimes getting violent, punches thrown and stuff

my mum is a lot more steady, and although she seems to annoy me a lot more since i've moved out (still remains very "motherly" and worried), she's a lot more reliable and dependable, but not as relatable

so, to answer your question: neither
i get along with both my parents just fine but i would have to pick my dad over my mom. my mom gets really annoying sometimes and doesn't know how to resolve simple situations by talking instead of yelling. my dad on the other hand is always cool unless something is seriously and utterly wrong...other than that he's the most rational and intelligent individual i've ever met.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
i get along with both my parents just fine but i would have to pick my dad over my mom. my mom gets really annoying sometimes and doesn't know how to resolve simple situations by talking instead of yelling. my dad on the other hand is always cool unless something is seriously and utterly wrong...other than that he's the most rational and intelligent individual i've ever met.

wtf

Are you my brother?
dad

we have stuff in common

though of late i'm having better conversations with my mum
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by mightywarrior
wtf

Are you my brother?

it's possible

are you 9 years old and in school at the moment?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

My mother, definitely.
My father walked out on us about 8 years ago and I never speak to him. The last time we did speak I was hitting puberty and the clash of testosterone was bad enough then: someone would have been in a coffin had he still been here.
My mother is a nice person anyway and our personalities suit well, so definitely my mum.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by Waterboy799
it's possible

are you 9 years old and in school at the moment?

No, but my brother is. :O

I'm also Greek.
Quote by mightywarrior

I'm also Greek.

isn't this weird
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

My dad, we go fishing and football and talk bout music and ****

My mums just a annoying nagging thing
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Neither, they're all sh*t.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
My dad, we go fishing and football and talk bout music and ****

My mums just a annoying nagging thing

This more or less.

Although as much as he tries, I refuse to start fishing
same ^ My dad always tries to get me to go fishing. I always say nooo.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I choose my mum. I never speak to my dad and i don't see him. I don't particularly get on well with my mum either.

I'm not very family oriented and to be honest i can't wait to get out and leave them behind.
I get on with both of my parents!....I rock.

Except going for a pint with your dad is cooler!
i hate my dad
My Gear

Epiphone G400 Custom (Tuned to Standard/Drop D)

Dean DFH Baby (Tuned to Drop C)

Epiphone Special II (Tuned to Drop B/Drop A)

Orange Crush 15

Boss MD-2

Ibanez PH-7
Quote by Brett08
i hate my dad

Vote mom then.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
My mom. She doesn't treat me like I'm three like my father does. My mom is also a very fashionable person and we can go shopping together. She also doesn't mind if I scream really loud during scary movies and does not nag me to clean my room.

My father on the other hand, is another story.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
They're just as bad with each other.
But i get on with my dad more as he stays out of my way when i don't want to talk.
also we have quite alot in common, so if i do want to talk, i can.
Whereas, my mum is a bitch.
It changes quite often. My mum and I have more in common - books mainly, cooking, art, being pseudointellectual - but we end up clashing too often and arguing over the smallest things. My dad and I are more different which means we're less volatile, but there's less to talk about in some cases, but he's extremely musical so we've always had that in common.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I have much more in common with my dad. Plus I barely see him so I only get to do the cool stuff not the stereotypical father and daughter arguements. So it's all good.
My mom takes care of me so I respect and thank her more. However we view things really different and do things different. She plans out every little thing and if anything is wrong she freaks and I'm more laid back go with the flow.

My dad and I connect more on a "fun" level. We go to concerts, sporting events, etc. but that's about it.
Quote by mightywarrior

I'm also Greek.

Me too! Woah.
(Sorry, just thought I'd add that)

I get on better with my MUM.