I have been listening to some of Chris's new solo music and I must say it is amazing. Musically that is. In the song wide awake he definitely brings up some conrtoversial points (Katrina and the war in Iraq). I can't say I agree with him 100%, but that is part of having the right to speak your mind. Tell me what you think about him going solo and his lyrics.
Shag
Quote by Shagisabeast
I have been listening to some of Chris's new solo music and I must say it is amazing. Musically that is. In the song wide awake he definitely brings up some conrtoversial points (Katrina and the war in Iraq). I can't say I agree with him 100%, but that is part of having the right to speak your mind. Tell me what you think about him going solo and his lyrics.

To be honest, I was downright disappointed. Not because his music is pathetic, I will never deny that he has incredible talent. But I was disappointed because he was my hero, this image of Cornell in my mind was a alternative/grunge rockstar, fronting Soundgarden, screaming into the microphone with songs like Jesus Christ Pose, this was the Cornell that was my hero. The new stuff is completely different, it's not the kind of stuff I liked very much from him, and I was disappointed because I knew him and respected him as a grunge rockstar, not as a dance lyricist. Nothing against his new music, different people have different tastes, but to me Cornell will always be the energetic Soundgarden frontman.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
he shouldve stayed with audioslave or reformed soundgarden(which would be awsome)
his solo stuffs okay but i like him better with a full band
Quote by Teen Spirit
To be honest, I was downright disappointed. Not because his music is pathetic, I will never deny that he has incredible talent. But I was disappointed because he was my hero, this image of Cornell in my mind was a alternative/grunge rockstar, fronting Soundgarden, screaming into the microphone with songs like Jesus Christ Pose, this was the Cornell that was my hero. The new stuff is completely different, it's not the kind of stuff I liked very much from him, and I was disappointed because I knew him and respected him as a grunge rockstar, not as a dance lyricist. Nothing against his new music, different people have different tastes, but to me Cornell will always be the energetic Soundgarden frontman.

i know what you mean, im dissapointed too it makes me so sad i could
but my bands a grunge band so if we make it we could bring back grunge Yay!!
Edit:teen spirit, the return of grunge is upon us!
Quote by tukk04

indeed let's do it fella
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by hitl
chris cornell tread?

Yes.

Sorry, but *reported*
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by Teen Spirit

Yeah, I do agree that Chris should not get into the (dance) music. You gotta admit thought that his acoustic solo stuff is nice. I'm not too fond of just electronic music and very little, if any, guitar either though. Why Chris!!?? Why!!!!
Shag
you should have used the searchbar, theres already a chris cornell thread, discuss your thoughts on his material there

*reported
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by tukk04

a grunge band that plays in drop b?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^