Right, so I've finally got enough to order my new bass, the schecter stiletto extreme 4 string, and a good time too - my current bass just copped out on me.

I'm planning to order from Thomann - but the problem is, I don't know how long it'll take for them to deliver to the United Kingdom, and the availability of the schecter went down to "available at short notice (usually 2 - 5 days)"

Just wondering, has anyone ordered before? When the product was available at short notice? and how long did it take to get to you? I could use this bass before the 19th of March.. big gig for my band.

Also, how does it work? will they phone me and explain whats going on with my order?

Please let me know!

Thanks.
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 BCH
Stagg 5-String
Vintage 4-String MusicMan Copy
Riks 4-String Sunburst
Fender CD60 Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone Special 2 6-String Guitar

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Shut up Seth. Guitar is for failed bassists.

Anyways, Thomann delivered me a head and 410 cab within a week.

4 Strings? No Problem!
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Well, let me just say, Seth - I didn't put it there, 'cause, it's not about the bass, it's about delivery and getting an idea of Thomann - so it's about Thomann, which isn't really something that should stay hidden away in the bass forums. So, sit down, and have a nice cup of s-t-f-u for a second.

And thanks Delirium, did they call you and verify everything? I figure I'm looking at 5-9 Days, found out it takes 3 or 4 days to ship to the united kingdom.
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Ah right, okay - so you live in the United Kingdom? And what was the availability on the item you ordered?
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
on a different note, Thomann keep sending leaflets to my house, using my band name, and an address i have never given them. I have never order stuff from there! how do they know who i am?!
thomann is great, they deliver fast mostly.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Aye, UK, and can't remember that far back, sorry All I really remember is getting a slightly baffled phonecall from my parents the day it arrived asking what the huge box was- Thomann sent it to my card address as opposed to the delivery address 5-9 days does seem reasonable, though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Shut up Seth. Guitar is for failed bassists.

Anyways, Thomann delivered me a head and 410 cab within a week.

I would say otherwise, it´s just that you would come up with these valid arguments and make me look like a jerk.

Anyway, my friend (yes i live in europe) ordered once from this store, came around in 4 days i recall.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I ordered a 115 cab back in December from a local shop, hasn't come yet. I'm not happy.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Probably. Either way, I wasn't being serious. They're two very different instruments.

As assumed, you came with valid arguments and proved you´re right :p haha, anyway

To TooFast, won´t they refund you your money? or something to compensate
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
As assumed, you came with valid arguments and proved you´re right :p haha, anyway

To TooFast, won´t they refund you your money? or something to compensate

They said they'd let me borrow a cheaper cab until mine comes, but that had to be ordered as well, and isn't here yet either.

I ordered a head too, and it came about 2 months ago. Just sitting in my room collecting dust.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I ordered an electric from them and it took a week.
Arrived in perfect condition: if anything there was too much protective packaging.

With my order they emailed me the steps of the processes (so when they got payment, when it shipped) but no phonecall.
It really ought to be there within a fortnight.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
No worries. They just jumped the availability to the 30th of march... so i'm screwed.

Thanks anyways.
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
I've only bought pedals and strings and such from Thomann, usually takes a week.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
I went ahead, and instead of the BCH Extreme I wanted. I ordered a Deluxe in Black, seeing as I'm in need of a bass pretty bad now, as I already mentioned. My guitar just copped out on me, leaving me bassless, with 2 weeks to get a replacement.

So yeah, I ordered, it said "Available", then I got an e-mail saying that they'd received my order. And it will be processed as soon as possible. But just checked again, and it's gone down to available at short notice... so, seeing as they received my order when it was available, does that mean it'll be shipped like that? or because, I think, I ordered outside of their opening hours, will it be processed tomorrow, hence the estimated 2 to 5 day wait? Either way, they said they'll e-mail me when it;s been processed, which I'll assume will be tomorrow. *Crosses fingers*
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Dunno if anyone'll see this.

I now have the bass ordered. The one I wanted, I swapped my order over when I saw the availability drop too 9th/3/09 - But wierd thing is - the day after I changed the order, it was ready to ship - no complaints, as long as they havn't shippeds the Deluxe in Black, instead of the Extreme in Black Cherry, man, I'll kick their arses if it turns up being the wrong order. Havn't heard any stories of them sending wrong items though, from what I read, you get what you order, pretty good.

Anyways, ordered on the 6th, takes 3-4 days to reach the U.K I hear, so I imagine It'll be "in the UK" by Monday/Tuesday, but then, how long till it gets too me? I'm too excited to wait =/

Can't seem to track it with DHL though. All I know, is I've been billed the 445 Euros, it's listed on Thomann as "Shipped",

" Parcel shipped (8.30kg by Post/DHL International)
contents:
1x 112445 Schecter Diamond Stiletto Extreme 4 BCH "

It's gone through Invoice, Payment, Shipping.

So not long now? Still, Seems odd that the next day, they had the Extreme in stock - I have a nasty feeling a snotty german teenager has probably bagged a Hello Kitty! guitar... Can't wait to stand up infront of 250+ people, playing a hello kitty bass. Hardcore? I think so.
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
^ well I saw a guy playing Cowboys From Hell on a Hello Kitty Strat. Sounded great and he also nailed the solo just fine. I'd say it's pretty hardcore.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Well. If my Schecter faills - I know what to get.
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Mine's said that it will be available available shortly and it tooke about three months for Thomann to get it form the manufacturer. It only took about three days to arrive though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
theyre germans, they dont give a ****
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Germans are 120% efficient.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by SirPsychoTheSex
Right, so I've finally got enough to order my new bass....

Thanks.

thats where you went wrong
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by eazy-c
Mine's said that it will be available available shortly and it tooke about three months for Thomann to get it form the manufacturer. It only took about three days to arrive though.

Did they phone and say "Your order is ready to be shipped" or what not, then it took 3 days? or did they tell you it was ready, then make you wait 3 months? xD
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
I ordered a pedal from thomann. ordered on Dec 23rd. Arrived in DHL on like 3rd of January. Didnt get it till like the 21st though. DHL "couldnt find my house".

Moral of the story, DHL are idiots.

While i was waiting for my order i rang thomann, and to be honest thay were extremely helpful. I would definitely order from them again
Now I'm worried about DHL xD

Plus the fact, I can't track my order with them. Surly it wont take that long though? 3-4 Days to get to the UK from Germany seems reasonable?

Still hoping it'll arrive this week. Can't see, so far, why it shouldn't
Stagg 5-String
Riks 4-String Sunburst

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3