Page 1 of 3
So I went to see a show lat night and I was in the front row. Is it bad that my ears are still ringing today or should I not worry about it?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
if it doesn't go away within 3 days, then you might have a problem.. but even if there is a problem, there's nothing you can do about it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
its normalllllllllll
but if they're ringing tomorrow
you ears could be ****ed
My Gear

Epiphone G400 Custom (Tuned to Standard/Drop D)

Dean DFH Baby (Tuned to Drop C)

Epiphone Special II (Tuned to Drop B/Drop A)

Orange Crush 15

Boss MD-2

Ibanez PH-7
Every time you get that ringing it means you've lost teh ability to hear a few more frequencys. In other words, you've damaged your ears that much more.
It should be fine, but next time wear earplugs. Or if your cheap, what i do is go to the toilet and shove paper in my ears.

Don't worry about looking gay because if anyone takes the piss you can be safe in the knowledge that they will have persistent ringing long into their old age.
Quote by im not mental
i saw all shall perish on sunday and my ears are still ringing...

Good luck with that. If I'd get my ears ringing for the rest of my life by All Shall Perish, I'd surely kill myself.
dont worry about it. it's hearing damage, but probably not that bad. the truth is that the ''ringing'' won't go away, you'll just get used to it and you'll never hear it. Just watch you ears when youre going to concerts or listening to music, or you can have pretty bad hearing damage. Mine is pretty bad lol you know that when you're laying in bed late at night and the only thing you hear are your ears ringing, its bad lol.
I think it means it was a killer show. Do it again until your deaf.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

when it stays longer than 3-4 days .. you might have teningitis (or something like that)
It means you'll die on a short age in short.

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

It happens, just leave it and it'll be fine after a few days.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Rock fans, musicians and anyone exposed to such loud noises is likely to suffer hearing problems by my age. The ringing, when permanent, is called Tinnitus and mine comes and goes depending on outside factors. If I don't smoke for a few weeks, it reduces quite a bit.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by noxiosimitator
when it stays longer than 3-4 days .. you might have teningitis (or something like that)
It means you'll die on a short age in short.

Tinnitus
I have very slight tinnitis, its not bad. I know wear ear plugs, they cost me £20.

My mate just spent £150 on some. Got his ears measured and everything. NOw £150 is to much really, but he says they will save his hearing. He does music for education though. I will be next year
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I went to motorhead, my ears were ringing for like a week, im fine now, so dw bout it
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Whatever happened to 'The Pit is not a doctor'

But you probably should wear earplugs.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

I've only had ringing ears once.......and even then it only lasted for a few hours.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Yeah, it will go away in a few days. I went to a local band show thing a few weeks back, and their was loud feedback coming from the guitarists amp. So I sat their for about 30 minutes with a loud feedback noise going into my ear. There was a loud ringing in my ear for about 3 or 4 days.
...I'm not that great.
WHAT DID HE SAY?? i CAN'T HEAR A THING
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
It'll be fine in a few days. I've had it for 4 or 5 days after gigs before at the worst.

But if you keep damaging it like that it does cause permanent damage in the long term - like 20 or 30 years down the lline you'll end up with permanent Tinnitus.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Earplugs are your friend, and besides it should go away in a few days.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Alright thanks guys I was worried I had permantley damaged my hearing
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Its now almost a week later and I still hear this high pitched ringing. Has anyone else had this for longer than a week or so and had it go away?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
So I went to see a show lat night and I was in the front row. Is it bad that my ears are still ringing today or should I not worry about it?

When I went to Shadows Fall (my last concert trip), my ears were ringing for a week! Don't worry about it. Unless it's not gone by a week YOU DEF. got a problem. Can't wait to lose my hearing for another week at Mayhem Fest '09!
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by BeastTheBand
When I went to Shadows Fall (my last concert trip), my ears were ringing for a week! Don't worry about it. Unless it's not gone by a week YOU DEF. got a problem. Can't wait to lose my hearing for another week at Mayhem Fest '09!

Yeah im kinda really nervous about it cause I dont want this ringing to be permanent because I will go insane if it does.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
my ears ring a bit....

but i have a delema on my hands...

whilst playing live i sing........but if i wear ear plugs i cant hear myself properly and as a result am way out with the singing and it sounds ****

is there a type of ear plug that still lets you hear well..but blocks out the high frequencys or whatever it is that ****s your ears
Quote by geetar_man0
my ears ring a bit....

but i have a delema on my hands...

whilst playing live i sing........but if i wear ear plugs i cant hear myself properly and as a result am way out with the singing and it sounds ****

is there a type of ear plug that still lets you hear well..but blocks out the high frequencys or whatever it is that ****s your ears

My earplugs are shaped like this, although not this particular model.

http://www.amazon.com/ETYMOTIC-RESEARCH-ER20BP-Fidelity-Plugs/dp/B000CC1RPS/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236657458&sr=8-3

Does the job well.
Anyone else to help me im for sure wearing ear plugs next time cause this scares me
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
No. I was at a concert and I had my ears ringing. After two days, I was hella worried that I had Tinnitus (when that sound never goes away). I began looking for info, got into forums that described how Tinnitus ruined people's lives... I was starting to get worried.
It went away after the 4th day. You need to let your ears heal between every concert unless you don't want it to go away.
Anyway, please use earplugs since that sound means that irreparable damage was done to your ears.

Quote by Lethal Dosage
Alright thanks guys I was worried I had permantley damaged my hearing

You did. But the sound will eventually go away, and the damage probably isn't noticeable so don't worry. But take care unless you want it to notice it in the long term.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by urik
No. I was at a concert and I had my ears ringing. After two days, I was hella worried that I had Tinnitus (when that sound never goes away). I began looking for info, got into forums that described how Tinnitus ruined people's lives... I was starting to get worried.
It went away after the 4th day. You need to let your ears heal between every concert unless you don't want it to go away.
Anyway, please use earplugs since that sound means that irreparable damage was done to your ears.

You did. But the sound will eventually go away, and the damage probably isn't noticeable so don't worry. But take care unless you want it to notice it in the long term.

Like I said it will be a week as of tommorow so im majorly worried that this could be a permanent condition.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Like I said it will be a week as of tommorow so im majorly worried that this could be a permanent condition.

I think that it'll not be a problem.
You see, we have little hairs inside our ears. When you're exposed to loud sounds, these hairs are damaged. That ringing sound, is the damaged hairs sending random signals to your brain.
The hairs regenerate themselves, but the quality will never be the same (meaning that you'll not hear that good again). The problem, is when you go very often to concerts and you don't let them regenerate. If you don't let them regenerate, they will get damaged to a point beyond repair, and that's when you'll be stuck with that ringing sound forever.

However, I'm no doctor and I could be wrong. If it doesn't go away in a few days go to a doctor.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 3