Your allowed to spend $150 on Guitar and up to $250 modding it.

What Guitar and what would to do it, (Eg replace, pickups)

for one idea I would

Epiphone LP Junior Special Electric Guitar

EMG 81

Grover 102 3-Per-Side Guitar Tuning Keys

New bridge not sure what
Last edited by jayoel at Mar 4, 2009,
one of those axl guitars, no tremolo. then i would put a kramer baretta pickup in it, get it set up and fixed up, new tuners, clean up the electronics myself, new bridge. that should about max my budget but give me a good guitar.
Modding an LP Junior the same way as that, was right in my mind when i saw the name of the thread.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
I would buy 250.00$ worth of beer and get smashed while I sat fire to a cheepo-depo guitar
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I would buy a $400 guitar..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
this, used:

then I'd put a set of Seymour Duncan SC's in it. Probably a set of SSL-1's... maybe a APST-1 in the bridge... don't know for sure.

Replace the nut with a bone nut, then dress and level the frets, dig the tremelo claw into the body as deep as it'd go and add any of the missing springs if they don't give you all 5, throw a set of Ernie Ball "Not Even Slinkys" in on it (those are .12's), wire it up with CTS pots and a new switch and jack, one of the pots would be a push pull for the neck pickup, allowing for all combinations of pickups. Then slap a black pickgaurd on it and call it a day.

I might replace the bridge with a vintage style 6-point tremelo and replace all the white plastic parts with "aged" ones, too.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 4, 2009,
Dean Evo XM

Change the pickups to a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, and a DiMarzio Super 2 in the neck position. Next, I'd change to some Grover tuners and install some straplocks. Finally, I'd put on some .12 D'Addario strings and tune it to C Standard.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Ibanez RG Mikro (Black)

- DiMarzio Steve's Special (Bridge), DiMarzio Air Norton (Neck), 5-way switching
- Remove tone control, replace with independent volume controls
- Black hardware swap (Tuners, Bridge, Dome knobs, String retainers, Pickguard screws)
- 11-49 strings tuned standard
- Fret crown and polish

Why in god's name would I do this? To have the ultimate gig-ready travel guitar of course.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I don't know which guitar I would take, maybe a cheap RG, one without a trem. Then I would put a GFS pickup in it, probably a Power Rail Bridge, and leave the neckpu in there, couse who uses it anyway? and spend the remaining bucks on a good used distortion pedal. Yeah, that would do it...
Quote by MetalGrayFox
I don't know which guitar I would take, maybe a cheap RG, one without a trem. Then I would put a GFS pickup in it, probably a Power Rail Bridge, and leave the neckpu in there, couse who uses it anyway? and spend the remaining bucks on a good used distortion pedal. Yeah, that would do it...

who just uses their bridge pickup? It's so thin and quite... you gotta get the neck pickup boom in there.
I'd get a used classic vibe strat and upgrade the tuners,pots,switch,jack,and all the wiring.If there was any money left over I'd probably replace the bridge pup,but that isn't a completely needed mod with the CV series IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by MetalGrayFox
Haha, I only use my neck pickup for cleans.
Let me rephrase that: I never use mu neck pickup
Nah, just kidding. But there are a lot damn fine guitars that don't even have a neck pickup

true, and I was once of that mindset myself, but, trust me... nothing gives you a nice, fat, thick tone like a neck pickup.
Quote by Thomme
true, and I was once of that mindset myself, but, trust me... nothing gives you a nice, fat, thick tone like a neck pickup.

I think a lot of guitarists overlook the neck pup/tone controls in their early days,but as their knowledge and skills progress they rely on them more and more.I used to think a one pup/one volume control guitar was all I'd ever need,but now the minimum I need is an H-H with a master volume and tone,and my ideal set is H-S-H with separate volume and tone controls for each pup and coil splitting switches.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I think a lot of guitarists overlook the neck pup/tone controls in their early days,but as their knowledge and skills progress they rely on them more and more.I used to think a one pup/one volume control guitar was all I'd ever need,but now the minimum I need is an H-H with a master volume and tone,and my ideal set is H-S-H with separate volume and tone controls for each pup and coil splitting switches.

coil tapping is a must for me, these days, as well. I used to think that was the dumbest idea ever, but once again I've grown up a bit and love them. Now I'm just pissed off that my Duncan '59 is a single conductor pickup and I can't split it as well. Series-Parallel is supposed to be a another fun toy to play with, but I've never tried it myself.
the hello kitty guitar and then put a white emg 81 and a ofr on that peice
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Thomme
this, used:

then I'd put a set of Seymour Duncan SC's in it. Probably a set of SSL-1's... maybe a APST-1 in the bridge... don't know for sure.

Replace the nut with a bone nut, then dress and level the frets, dig the tremelo claw into the body as deep as it'd go and add any of the missing springs if they don't give you all 5, throw a set of Ernie Ball "Not Even Slinkys" in on it (those are .12's), wire it up with CTS pots and a new switch and jack, one of the pots would be a push pull for the neck pickup, allowing for all combinations of pickups. Then slap a black pickgaurd on it and call it a day.

I might replace the bridge with a vintage style 6-point tremelo and replace all the white plastic parts with "aged" ones, too.

Dude .12's would rip that thing apart.
Quote by TatarSalad2

I've got .13's on my Epi Les Paul, .11's on my Squier Tele, Ibanez strat copy and Teisco/Yamaha abortion and .12's on my Epiphone strat copy. Trust me, it doesn't rip them apart.
Quote by TatarSalad2

He said he'd put all 5 springs on and tighten up the Claw in the back, it would be fine.

Any way, I'd Take my Squier Affinity Strat (Black), rip out all of the Electronics and Put in New pots and such, I'd replace the Pickups: either HSS with a Seymour Duncan JB in the Bridge and some Fender Noiseless SCs in the Middle and neck, or make it HH with the JB in the Bridge and a SD 59 in the Neck (Black Plastic on all of the Pickups). The Pickguard would also be 3-ply black/red/black, and the knobs black aswell. I'd add more springs and tighten the Tremolo claw so the bridge stays down as a hardtail. Better tuners. And maybe some Fret adjustment.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk