firstly, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i figured seeing as im considering buying an amp it would be. if not, please feel free to move it wherever it should be.
when searching gak to check how much the prices on bugera amps are going up, i stumbled upon GAK education (here) and realized all the prices are loads cheaper, bugeras at around £300 for instance. i searched to find out the catch, assuming that it was just for students, which being 14 i think i qualify as (do i?). all i could find is this:

The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme enables students having music lessons at any LEA maintained schools to purchase instruments VAT free. We are only too pleased to offer this scheme and advise on the correct procedure (please note this is a voluntary only scheme to schools).

does this mean that if i ask a teacher to buy it and pay them the money they can? does anyone have any more information about it?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
You have to buy it through the school, as they don't have to pay VAT (that's why its cheaper!)
are you a head techer of a music department ? if

not- no you cant its strictly for the education system
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Also, since not all schools take the program, not all schools can order things in for students. Even schools that are on the LEA program will not necessarily be able to order things on your behalf, unless you're doing some dodgy cash-under-the-table deal.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by hans the lefty
are you a head techer of a music department ? if

not- no you cant its strictly for the education system

Not true. If the school agree to buy it, you can do it this way.
so i won't be able to order off their without bribery, which would probably cost just as much as the full price? damn...

Music teachers are generally very nice from my experience, if you have any rapport with one of the staff i'd see if you could sort something out, perhaps offer a cheeky tenner/ 20 to sweeten the deal.
Quote by Meatball200
Music teachers are generally very nice from my experience, if you have any rapport with one of the staff i'd see if you could sort something out, perhaps offer a cheeky tenner/ 20 to sweeten the deal.

This
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
it's a division of GAK which sells crap gear to schools for cheeps

it doesnt look theres a simple way around the system
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Meatball200

This.

But I bet a cool teacher would do it just to help spread the love.

Edit: Bah cmakk beat me to it...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ My bad

Yeah, i think it would depend mostly upon your relationship with your teacher - if like mine, they don't know your name properly yet, i would get saving
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
it's a division of GAK which sells crap gear to schools for cheeps

it doesnt look theres a simple way around the system

They sell ENGL Invaders, Bogners, Fender Twins etc..
Take a look for yourself.
Last edited by Meatball200 at Mar 4, 2009,
Just make reaaallly good friends with you music head of department
how would i go about finding if they're on the LEA program?

I presume LEA stands for Local Education Authority. And I imagine to get on the programme the school simply asks for a grant to fund it's music lessons.