whats the cheapest ibanez guitar i could buy that has an edge or edge II bridge, not an edge III? or do they still make em with edge or edge IIs stock cuz all i can find is edge III's which blow
Last edited by stanman64 at Mar 4, 2009,
edge III's come as standard on RG models now

and btw they aint as bad as people claim they are
the best trem is a trem that's set-up wel (yes i saw another ug'r say that sentence but it's right)
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by stanman64
really? ive heard some gnarly things bout em

meh... I love mine, never had a problem with it, half of the time people are just wanting an argument when talking about them. Ofcourse they dont compare to Edge Pro's and other more expensive systems but thats expected because of the lower price tag
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
edge III's come as standard on RG models now

and btw they aint as bad as people claim they are

This.

The only people that have problems with them are the people who use the trem A LOT...and these are the people that have same problems with EVERY LFR system...not just the Edge
ok thanks cuz im thinkn bout buyin a rg here soon but all ive been readin is ****ty so thanks
The rumor that they suck.... Well at least the Edge III's I've tried have worked nicely and are alright to play with, but about the rumor that they break easily... I can't say anything since I don't own any guitar with III, just a ZR2...
If you can get a guitar equipped with an original Edge, then you're a lucky guy. The Edge III isn't the best trem ever, it's made of cheap metal and will wear out -relatively quickly-. That doesn't mean you'll break it by doing a few divebombs.

But you might experience trouble if you use it a lot. The new RG Prestiges have ZR trems which are pretty sweet, but that might be outside your budget. Some of the older prestiges, you might be able to pick up second hand, now that Ibby have issued for q1/2 09, have edge pros, e.g. rg1570, and those are very nice pieces of kit.
There's no such thing as an Edge II, never was. You might be confusing it with the Lo-Pro, which was sort of the upgrade to the Edge and just as high quality, or the Edge Pro II, which is mediocre.
Anyway afaik, no guitars are still made with these (a few recent reissues have the Edge though), but they're all available NOS.
Quote by which ones pink
There's no such thing as an Edge II, never was. You might be confusing it with the Lo-Pro, which was sort of the upgrade to the Edge and just as high quality, or the Edge Pro II, which is mediocre.
Anyway afaik, no guitars are still made with these (a few recent reissues have the Edge though), but they're all available NOS.

Edge II: the single locking trem on the Vinnie Moore signature model

Edge Pro II: cheap version of the Edge Pro

Edge III: successor to the Edge Pro II
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Mazzakazza
If you can get a guitar equipped with an original Edge, then you're a lucky guy. The Edge III isn't the best trem ever, it's made of cheap metal and will wear out -relatively quickly-. That doesn't mean you'll break it by doing a few divebombs.

But you might experience trouble if you use it a lot. The new RG Prestiges have ZR trems which are pretty sweet, but that might be outside your budget. Some of the older prestiges, you might be able to pick up second hand, now that Ibby have issued for q1/2 09, have edge pros, e.g. rg1570, and those are very nice pieces of kit.

Do they really have ZR now I thought prestige RG's always had edge pro or similiar?

Anyway I havent really had any trouble with my edge 3 but Im not a frequent trem user. I would go to a prestige series if you are gonna be using the trem alot.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Yeah, these new one's have got ZRs on, which is something I'm pretty stoked about, because I'm hoping people will sell their Edge Pro equipped ones, for the new stock, haha!
I have a 1570 with the Edge Pro and I am happy with it. I think it performs well.