I really know nothing about improvising for jazz. I hope to recreate Blue Rondo a la Turk on Saxophone, with other people of course, but I don't want to learn the whole solo. I could probably write down the chords, then solo over those. However, I really don't know how to do this? I know that it is in "F" in the soloing section. Should I arpeggiate over this most of the time or just use my D scale (Transcribing Alto is in Eb). Please help...
There are thousands of possible approaches to soloing in jazz, but if you're new at it you're probably better off emphasizing chord tones. I suggest working on transcribing as many jazz solos as you can and incorporating the techniques you find into your playing.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
. I suggest working on transcribing as many jazz solos as you can and incorporating the techniques you find into your playing.

+1

I highly recommend this as well.
shred is gaudy music
The solo section of Blue Ronda is just a blues, and I guess in F since you just mentioned the soloing section is in F. You should write out a few different variations, or look up a few different variations of a blues form. You can do a few choruses by just playing the blues with the blues scale, and maybe some other choruses playing the changes by adding in ii-V-I's where appropriate, but since you mentioned you have no knowledge of jazz improv, it would be better just to play the blues if you are familiar with some blues licks and blues inflections. Also figuring out a few of the licks that Paul Desmond (sax player with Dave Brubeck) plays on the record can help you immensely.
12 fret fury
Basically what was listed above--use chord tones to make your way through the solo. If you're nervous about starting the solo, use the pentatonic in D as a base. Trial and error will get you something you're happy with. Also, try working out licks on the guitar then playing them on sax. That sometimes works for me.