Page 1 of 3
Alright, so how many of you guys out here are in High School and are forced to do the Pledge of Allegiance? My school recently suspended me on this and I believe it violates the first amendment, what are your thoughts?
Well, it DOES violate your rights. But what I want to know is were you just not doing it to be a dick-smoothie or did you actually have a reason?
Is it a public school? I think you can make a great argument that not saying the Pledge is an act of symbolic speech.

My high school never forced us to, but it was in central Oklahoma, so there's a good bit of stigma attached to not saying the Pledge BEIN' A GODDAMN TOFU-FARTIN' JANE FONDA TURR'RIST LOVIN' COMMIE BASTARD!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

1) It's 'pitmonkey'
2) Teachers have authority>you. Live with it, you'll graduate one day.
NOPE.
I think that is absolutely ridiculous that you should have to do the pledge of allegiance, its outmoded and redundant in the modern world. I believe that promoting and reinforcing what amounts (in my opinion) to blind patriotism only serves to worsen the human condition.
...Bleep Bloop...
I'm a rebel! I don't have to say the pledge of allegiance if I don't want to! You can't make me!
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
In a public school, teachers do not have the authority to suppress free speech or mandate speech. They receive state and/or federal funding and therefore must abide by the Constitution.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Damn communist abortion approving mexican job stealing faschist anti-american terrorist foreign flagburning propagandamaking nazi hippy canadian russian liberal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
it depends on if it is a public school or private school. private can do whatever they want because you choose to be there but if it is public you could possibly have a lawsuit. unless you were doing it just to be a little bitch. and GHJ i agree with you 100%
Just read it. Around here, nobody could make you say that. If they tried, they'd get their asses handed by the authorities immediately. The problem is the "under God" part, everything else seems fine to me.

On the other hand, you could just suck it up and tell them they can go f*ck themselves after you graduated. Seems like less trouble to me.

Quote by Kensai
Damn communist abortion approving mexican job stealing faschist anti-american terrorist foreign flagburning propagandamaking nazi hippy canadian russian liberal.

You called?
You may have something there. You should look into it and create an arguement, it may pay off for you in the long-run
you cannot be forced into saying the pledge of allegiance.

that is illegal.

whos to say its Under your God that they speak of in that text?

religious persecution.

fight it man.

dont let your school tell you what to do... for fvcks sake its just high school. its not really that big of a deal in the broad spectrum of your life.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
A) you're saying that you don't have to pledge allegiance and support to the Nation that gives you rights.

B) In your defense, you're saying that it is one of the rights of that nation.

If your argument was against saying "under God", I would say you have a valid argument, but that's still just stupid of you to say. It seems to me that you don't want to say it on the basis of not supporting America. In your defense, you are supporting America. Your logic is very, very interesting.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Quote by Kensai

.... ... haha This made me laugh, really hard.
Quote by sk8ordie97
sue their asses

yes.

if they try to threaten you with detention or suspension or anything at all.

threaten the **** out of them with the law.

cause thats bigger than your schools system.

separation of church and state. school falls in that.

public school..

if you go to a private catholic boarding school... well youre fvcked
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Hambonicus

If your argument was against saying "under God", I would say you have a valid argument, but that's still just stupid of you to say..

hell no.

thats way more legit than not supporting the government.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
It does sound ridiculous but maybe it would be easier to just say it. They are only words after all. You dont have to mean it
Quote by Early Cuyler
hell no.

thats way more legit than not supporting the government.

Of all the things to support in America, you want to support the GOVERNMENT?
in britain we dont have one, so l0lzorz!!!!!!!!1111!1!!11!!!!!eleven!!

Quote by Spartan101400
Ok, Pitmongers

I don't sell pits.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
what kind of **** school would suspend someone over that

sucks to be you
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by Hergiswi
Of all the things to support in America, you want to support the GOVERNMENT?

no, i was saying that form a court point of view...

plus we got a lil turn around going.. Obamas WAY better than Bush or McCain
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
i'm home schooled.

i eat frosted flakes. all. day. long.

*edit*
no pledge of allegiance for me.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I believe there was a book written on this. It was fiction, and kind of dull, but essentially the same thing.
Here, it kind of depends on the teacher. All of them admit you can't be forced to say it, but some teachers will make you stand.
If you're in the hall near the principle, however, he demands you stop walking. It's kind of annoying.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by madbomber233
It does sound ridiculous but maybe it would be easier to just say it. They are only words after all. You dont have to mean it

But this is restricting my right to express myself, it's like saying you can't express what your feelings are on a topic in a debate team.
Quote by mikko 9119

i eat frosted flakes. all. day. long.

hell yes!
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
It's true that Constitutionally you are protected by the First Amendment, so I agree that you shouldn't have to say the pledge.

However, unless you have a really good reason for saying it, I'll also have to use my First Amendment right to call you an asshole.

Seriously, we have it so good here and the fact that we have been blessed to live in the greatest country on earth is reason enough for me to gladly say it.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Quote by SURFraptor7
It's true that Constitutionally you are protected by the First Amendment, so I agree that you shouldn't have to say the pledge.

However, unless you have a really good reason for saying it, I'll also have to use my First Amendment right to call you an asshole.

Seriously, we have it so good here and the fact that we have been blessed to live in the greatest country on earth is reason enough for me to gladly say it.

You had to say it didn't you?

Please be trolling and tell me you don't mean it.
Quote by SURFraptor7

My thing is that I don't like the dark future that's ahead for America, this is why I do not support the government, they are all Power-Hungry, they just want to do what they want at ANY cost.

I also acknowledge your first amendment rights, good sir.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
People are getting bent out of shape about you not pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth.
and to the republic for which it stands,
Basically swearing not to commit treason, so that's whatever.
one nation under God,
Strangely enough, under God is the newest part of the Pledge. Which is odd. Is pretty clear we aren't under a single God.
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

lololololololol

Seriously, the beef is that they're compelling you to do it, which is pretty ironic. You are compelled to pledge allegiance to one nation with liberty for all. If you don't say it because you're demonstrating your right thereof, I'm behind you 100%, but if you're saying it to be James Dean, I'm with SoWrongIt'sMatt.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Spartan101400
My thing is that I don't like the dark future that's ahead for America, this is why I do not support the government, they are all Power-Hungry, they just want to do what they want at ANY cost.

I also acknowledge your first amendment rights, good sir.

No they don't, that's absolutely ridiculous.

You obviously get your political information from the fact that smoking pot is illegal.

You're a fuckng moron, you protest against the government and the pledge of allegiance, when in fact the allegiance you are pledging to is the one that provides you the first ammendment.

Retard.
And that's what you get for breaking rules. Punishment. And the world will continue to rotate.
Quote by Early Cuyler
you cannot be forced into saying the pledge of allegiance.

that is illegal.

whos to say its Under your God that they speak of in that text?

religious persecution.

fight it man.

dont let your school tell you what to do... for fvcks sake its just high school. its not really that big of a deal in the broad spectrum of your life.

Alternatively...pledge alliegance to him;
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Page 1 of 3