I was skimming through a few songs to learn and I saw this:

|--------
|---3---
|---2---
|---0---
|--------
|---1---

:S It's that string in the middle that's screwing me up

Also, I have my guitar in Drop D and whenever I play the 6th string it makes a nasty sound because it's hitting the fretboard, how can I stop this?
Last edited by Zorus at Mar 4, 2009,
mute the a string

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
you mute that string i the middle with, im guessing, your index finger...

and i think it should be played in standard..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Just mute the string that hasn't been tabbed so then you only get the tabbed strings ringing. Btw muting means just with one of your fingers just hold it so its not pressing the string against the fret so it doesn't ring. On this chord you could slant your finger that on the first fret across the string you wnt to mute hope i helped
You can either use a finger to touch, but not fret, the A string

Or, the better option, is to use your thumb to pick the E string, and then pluck all the others with your index, middle, and ring finger.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Fingerpick?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
The song's Vigil by Lamb of God, if anyone was curious, thanks by the way.
Have your index finger slightly arched or bent so that it touches the A string and stops it ringing out...and you need a higher gauge string for your string thats in D. Its rattling because its too slack
Place your finger lightly on the string you're going to mute. When you play all of them, you get the chord you want, with a dead note there.
Quote by Zorus

Also, I have my guitar in Drop D and whenever I play the 6th string it makes a nasty sound because it's hitting the fretboard, how can I stop this?

Sounds like you have fret buzz. Have you had your guitar set up at a shop? Your action probably needs to be adjusted.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Do a open d power chord. Put you pinky on b/3 and ring on g/2 and open d. Just strum getting the hang of it., then put your index on E whilist muting the a string.
It's much easier to play this in standard.