hello fellow Guitarers ?

I just came to this site and I need some help, when i search for a song, and clicks for the one that i want to learn, I dont seem to understand the 3------4---5-4---6--3-
I do understand that the "lines" are the strings but i dont know how to read them Could someone please give me a logical explination?

Thanks

/Simon
long story short, the numbers are the fret you're supposed to be pressing down on and the spaces are the tabbers own sort of interpretation of timing(sometimes) as long as the tabs are pretty simple that's the gist of it.... "h" means hammer-on i.e. 2h3 is play the 2nd fret and hammer onto the 3rd and "p" is pull-off that should get you through most begginner tabs
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Each dotted line is a string and the numbers represent which fret you press down on on each string. ^good explanation above
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
the lesson mikeyElite posted will show you everything you need to know.

We also have a tab talk forum for you discuss tabs in - link

Her is for new member introductions, feel free to post your one here and have a chat with fellow newcomers to the site. This forum is also for members to ask questions about the usage and running of the site, so if you have any questions, feel free toask and we will point you in the right direction.

Quote by Myzen
hello fellow Guitarists ?

fixed

Welcome to UG