from what i hear the digitech death metal pedal sucks but are the boss metal core and metal zone good. and what are the differences between them.
metalcore would probably be the best out of the three. It's more modern, tight, and slightly less fizzy than the metal zone, but I think you can do better.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Everyone's got likes and dislikes - I like the Metal Zone, but legions of people say it's gods awful.

Best advice I can give you is to try them both and see what you prefer. Make sure it's through your own amp with your guitar, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I agree with above..i used a metal zone and it was O.K. .. but once you get an amp that can create a good tone and distortion.. you wont need the pedal

I hear about the EHX Metal Muff everywhere.... I needa try that out some time.
If you're looking at Boss, look at the MD-2, it can do metal pretty well, and is a lot better than the MetalCore or MetalZone.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I've heard about these mods. Like the Keeley mod on the MT-2 I think. There are other mods. Can somebody mod this in a store for you or is it DIY?
Just go for the metal muff. I hear man good things about them. Also look at visual sound
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I personally have never looked back since buying my Metalzone. Did take me a while to find a solid setting but I'm happy with it and actually prefer it over a friend's Boss GT-6 distortion setting but i have also heard very good things about the Metal Muff and I'm thinking of giving one a try out.
Last edited by 21Fretter at Mar 5, 2009,
Boss pedals are **** in general. Some of their weirder (and for the msot part now discontinued) pedals were great, but all in all, Boss is a terrible brand.
For metal, use the Metal Muff with top boost. It's like death, but in a box.
Quote by MetalHead916
I've heard about these mods. Like the Keeley mod on the MT-2 I think. There are other mods. Can somebody mod this in a store for you or is it DIY?

Carcass used a Keeley modded MT2 at some point and they got it sounding pretty good. I tried one out oe time on a 7 string and I found it actually sounded not too bad but unless you are tuning down low (which IMHO it sounds good for) an amp with it's own distortion is your best bet.
Quote by nightraven
they're all abysmal, your best bet for a budget 'metal' distortion pedal would be the EHX metal muff.

Right here. Listen to this.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE