I searched, nothing came up that really answered the question but...

I made the mistake of buying a Line6 Spider (I've had it for almost a year now) but basically what I'm asking, is there any way to get some half decent tone out of it? Through some kind of pedal or anything like that?

Ive tried so many of the settings and am unable to get something I'm happy with out of it (now, not when i got it). Thing is, I only have the money to buy a few pedals, not a whole new amp, and I'm playing a set a week and a half from now in the school gymnasium. Anyone have any suggestions? Something that will thicken up the sound, or just... make it better. We play a mix of punk rock, and hard rock, so something suitable to those genres would be great!

*flame shield up*
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
pedals will only make it worse. just go metal channel with the drive around 5 and adjust the eq till it sounds decent. how much money do you have?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well the main problem is you have a Line 6...just like me.
We made a horrid mistake.
Other than that, you could get some pedals made my Line 6 like the Uber Metal Distortion Pedal or this huge stompbox modeler they have: http://line6.com/m13/
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Couple hundred if need be, but no more than that.

How would they make it sound worse? if i just find a clean channel, and get a decent input signal.. shouldnt that make it a little better?

edit:

Quote by iTzMaTT
this huge stompbox modeler they have: http://line6.com/m13/

Is it any good?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Last edited by ma_tt11 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by ma_tt11
Couple hundred if need be, but no more than that.

How would they make it sound worse? if i just find a clean channel, and get a decent input signal.. shouldnt that make it a little better?

edit:

Is it any good?

its simple, modeling amps dont take well to pedals, just stick with the amp distortion, its not AS BAD as people say it is, its just annoying when people always try to make it sound better by buying pedals that in reality make the amp sound worse
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well, i dont necessarily need something in the way of distortion, but would getting a decent compression/sustain pedal be beneficial either way? Could that fatten up the input so it gets a little thicker on the receiving end?
Ball Custom Mark I

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Well, i dont necessarily need something in the way of distortion, but would getting a decent compression/sustain pedal be beneficial either way? Could that fatten up the input so it gets a little thicker on the receiving end?

its still just kind of wasting your money, that money has better uses than trying to improve something that doesnt sound decent in the first place. anyways, a compressor doesnt really fatten up your signal, it just makes everything even, and sort of tightens it up in some cases.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand