Well in a few weeks I will have enough for an ENGL fireball but now iv heard some sound tests on the powerball and it sunds pretty sweet I was just wondering if I should save up a bit more enough for the powerball of go with the fireball any sudgestions? btw I plat teh br00talz
if you have the willpower to save up, and you need a bit of versatility, then yeah, wait for teh powerball. you could also look used and see if you could get a powerball for the price of a fireball
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Go for the powerball mate it's utter filth in an amplifier highly recommended for dutty metulz
I dont necessarily need versitility because I only play metal/metalcore and I prob wont have the opertunity to test out the powerball so would the fireball be the best for my type of music? some of the bands I play are Between the buried and me, august burns red, Death, TDWP
In that case, the Fireball will be just fine. Many metalheads take a Fireball over a Powerball, even those who own both. If you don't need versatility and are certain you won't need it in the future, there's no point paying extra for a Powerball.

One thing though: The cleans on the Fireball aren't all that great. They're not garbage, but not fantastic either.
Quote by TheQuailman
In that case, the Fireball will be just fine. Many metalheads take a Fireball over a Powerball, even those who own both. If you don't need versatility and are certain you won't need it in the future, there's no point paying extra for a Powerball.

One thing though: The cleans on the Fireball aren't all that great. They're not garbage, but not fantastic either.

Are you a duck, Whitney Houston or Simon? Make up your mind!

I agree though, from what I've heard the fireball would be the better buy for straight up metal. If you needed more versatility, I would personally look at the Savage and the Blackmore before I looked at the powerball too.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Mar 4, 2009,
+1 on what quailman and mark G are saying. Would also be worth trying both, if at all possible, because they do sound a bit different (i think!).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea I would love to try them but my music store only has the fireball and if I wanted to try the powerball I would have to order it and they make me pay shipping since I live in canada its quit expensive
I honestly hated the Powerball. I have a Fireball, then got a Powerball...but I returned the Pball in less than 24 hours. it had ANNYONING solid-state like high end, really harsh and fizzy and ice picky..i couldnt even dial it out with an EQ. the fireball on the other hand is perfect. I urge you to try both before buying. people will tell you that the Powerball and Fireball are similar, but I will tell you that they are pretty different amps...

Again, just my personal opinion, because I own the Fireball and owned the Powerball, and I'm just telling you how that turned out.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Last edited by kayman121 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by jacksonuser123
Yea I would love to try them but my music store only has the fireball and if I wanted to try the powerball I would have to order it and they make me pay shipping since I live in canada its quit expensive

Wait order it online or have your music store order it? If they are an ENGL dealer (and I presume they are if they sell them) you should just be able to tell them to order it, and go pick it up.

Would this work for you?
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
yeah, if they're a dealer they shouldn't charge for shipping, that's ridiculous.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like a good idea,
+1 for what Dave said regarding the shipping
good luck!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Quote by kayman121
I honestly hated the Powerball. I have a Fireball, then got a Powerball...but I returned the Pball in less than 24 hours. it had ANNYONING solid-state like high end, really harsh and fizzy and ice picky..i couldnt even dial it out with an EQ. the fireball on the other hand is perfect. I urge you to try both before buying. people will tell you that the Powerball and Fireball are similar, but I will tell you that they are pretty different amps...

Again, just my personal opinion, because I own the Fireball and owned the Powerball, and I'm just telling you how that turned out.

Sounds like the powerball you had just had some bad tubes or something. I A/B'ed my powerball with my friend's fireball, and there was simply just a TINY difference in the treble, easily eq'ed out and no one could hear the difference.

I'd take the powerball any day, with the custom Z-5 footswitch. It's awesome.
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
Quote by Dores
Sounds like the powerball you had just had some bad tubes or something. I A/B'ed my powerball with my friend's fireball, and there was simply just a TINY difference in the treble, easily eq'ed out and no one could hear the difference.

Speakers, pickups and guitar type used will influence an amps tone. Two people will then have different experiences with the same two amps.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Dores

Nah, I always retube my amps as soon as I get em.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by jacksonuser123
I dont necessarily need versitility because I only play metal/metalcore and I prob wont have the opertunity to test out the powerball so would the fireball be the best for my type of music? some of the bands I play are Between the buried and me, august burns red, Death, TDWP

The hell? You play BTBAM but you don't want cleans?

I'd say just get the fireball, if you REALLY don't want cleans.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
what? the fireball has pretty nice cleans... unless it has no headroom or something (i didn't get to crank it)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
The hell? You play BTBAM but you don't want cleans?

I'd say just get the fireball, if you REALLY don't want cleans.

..Would you recommend him the 6505 if he DID want cleans?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups