I know most will say this is a waste of money, but I want to practice changing pickups on a cheap guitar before I go for the Schecter. Anyway I am going to throw a Hotrails humbucker into it. Just wanted to know what position I should put it in to get the best sound.
Quote by mikeyElite
bridge.

+1 (Warmer, more full Tone )
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
There's a bridge and a neck model of this pickup.
If you get a neckpu you put it in the neck, and if you get a bridge pu you put it in the bridge (DUH).
Since you chose a humbucker, I think you'd best take the bridge version.

BTW, when it's just for practise, why take an expensive pu like that? Why not get a Rockfield/GFS instead?
Last edited by MetalGrayFox at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by MetalGrayFox

BTW, when it's just for practise, why take an expensive pu like that? Why not get a Rockfield/GFS instead?

this +1

try GFS. they cheaper and sound good.
Quote by yoyodunno
Bridge is not warmer and full, the closer you get to the bridge the brigher the sound is.

What this man said.

I think that's a pretty good idea and I would also go for a bridge humbucker, hot rails (hmm Iron Maiden too much?)
Quote by MetalGrayFox
There's a bridge and a neck model of this pickup.
If you get a neckpu you put it in the neck, and if you get a bridge pu you put it in the bridge (DUH).
Since you chose a humbucker, I think you'd best take the bridge version.

Its the cheapest humbucker I could find that would fit in a single coil spot. Although I am willing to take suggestions if there are cheaper alternatives. And I kind of lied. although I do want to practice before doing something like throwing EMG's in my Schecter, in the end I do want some improvement in the Squier as I still do play it relatively frequently. Plus I have it drop tuned and attached to a Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal. So I need something that will work with that.

Quote by Woozye
What this man said.

I think that's a pretty good idea and I would also go for a bridge humbucker, hot rails (hmm Iron Maiden too much?)

I thought Iron Maiden did not use hotrails and they had a HSH setup. I could be wrong on this though.
Last edited by Slow_N_Low at Mar 4, 2009,
What pickups are in the Schecter? If there are passive pu's in there right now, you will have to do some rerouting to fit in the EMG's, as well as change the electronics. This is a lot harder than changing one passive pu for another. You could get Seymour Duncan Blackouts if you want to go active, they are also made in the shape of passive pu's.
Quote by MetalGrayFox
What pickups are in the Schecter? If there are passive pu's in there right now, you will have to do some rerouting to fit in the EMG's, as well as change the electronics. This is a lot harder than changing one passive pu for another. You could get Seymour Duncan Blackouts if you want to go active, they are also made in the shape of passive pu's.
Haven't gone that far yet to do the research for that.