I have a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier w/ the Mesa 4 x 12 cabinet. At home and in store it has balls and is beautifully clear. Even cranked. At gigs it sounds thin and trebly. I'm assuming it has something to do with room acoustics, but is there anything that can be used or done to get the same at home sound?
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Vox Valvetronix
Guitars:
Gibson ES-335
Gibson SG Standard
Taylor 214CE
FX:
Tech 21 Killer Wail Wah
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss DD-20 Delay
Line 6 Verbzilla
think about placement of your amp. where is is facing, is it in the open or is there room behind?

also, power might be an issue. your amp may be getting less dedicated power at the gig due to the other equipment, while at your house or store its the only thing going at a time.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
If its directly facing you, it's gonna sound thin. If you're off to the side it will have a wider/less-trebely sound.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
are you changing the volume significantly?
do you ever practice @ gig volumes?,
Because cranking the amp changes the tone significantly
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Also depends on how you EQ it. The acoustics of wherever you're using it in your house are going to be way different from those of the venue so if you set your EQ the same it's going to sound different. In this case "thin".
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
If you greatly increase the volume, you need to add more bass and mids in order to have a similar tone to what you did at lower volumes.
Quote by soul_power
Also depends on how you EQ it. The acoustics of wherever you're using it in your house are going to be way different from those of the venue so if you set your EQ the same it's going to sound different. In this case "thin".

Very true. Are you changing your EQ accordingly? You need to be able to change the EQ for home, gigs, or wherever. The EQ sound changes drastically when you begin to play louder, so you need to EQ it properly for gig volumes.

You can also invest in a 10 band EQ and boost the correct frequencies to get it thicker, or use a boost. Using a boost will help thicken it. But remember, a boost, not an overdrive.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
i would almost bet its the room size , i had that happen to me i had a sound tech come out and help me out ,but in my case i had a open back amp so i had to put a mic in the back of my amp and in some case i had to put a pillow in there to keep from loseing my sound out the back. but like i say i bet its the room ,when you play in your room your tone is coming of the walls and you can still hear it but when you get in a much bigger room you tone and sound is still there it just not coming back to you as fast as it did in you room .you got to play around with your amp . and some time you will find out no mater where you play your amp will not sounf good but in your room.