I recently got an HSS American Deluxe Strat with one of these switches. I've been playing with it, and for the most part, it just seems like a bells and whistles kind of thing. It does give a deep, almost humbucker like tone, but I prefer the regular strat tones over them. Can someone give me some examples of times when you would use the switch. Also, if someone could break down the wiring for me, that would be great (eg. how does series/parallel affect the tone, and the difference between combining pickups via series/parallel). Thanks!
That helped somewhat, but by examples, I meant songs. Like I know when to use the neck pickup on a regular strat pickup, but say, what would I use the 4th position with the s-1 switch for? Any songs that could give me an idea of the tone we're looking for? From the info on that site, it looks like I have a lot to learn.
The S-1 switching system was not that a great invention or idea.

I owned a deluxe USA strat with it for a few months and thought it was average. The build quality sucked more than the electronics though

The PRS electronics and also Tom Anderson are amazing!....Highly recommended. (within budget of course)

Quote by SuperJoop
The S-1 switching system was not that a great invention or idea.

I owned a deluxe USA strat with it for a few months and thought it was average. The build quality sucked more than the electronics though

The PRS electronics and also Tom Anderson are amazing!....Highly recommended. (within budget of course)

How so?

I picked this strat up (a few dings) for 650. It was a steal, so I grabbed it. However, I've not taken a fancy to it. After hearing so much great talk about strats, I thought it would be the holy grail. Its a little disappointing. However, I think that my Peavey Vypyr 15 might be the problem...