Try to play it and others before you buy (Line 6 DL-4, MXR Carbon Copy and such)

If you want digital, or really don't care for analog than I think its an awesome option.

It has an INCREDIBLE amount of features that you can mess with, that are pretty much all useful in some way.

Hint of advice though, get a FS-5U footswitch to make tap tempo nice and easy, really unlocks this beast in my opinion
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I've heard great things about that pedal. You can record a few minutes of music. I would'nt mind buying one myself. But I would go with an MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I think analog is better than digital.
Quote by acdclandon
Try to play it and others before you buy (Line 6 DL-4, MXR Carbon Copy and such)

If you want digital, or really don't care for analog than I think its an awesome option.

It has an INCREDIBLE amount of features that you can mess with, that are pretty much all useful in some way.

Hint of advice though, get a FS-5U footswitch to make tap tempo nice and easy, really unlocks this beast in my opinion

How much does one of those footswitches run?
30 bucks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
or you go look on ebay for something similar but cheaper, I'm pretty sure it will work with most unlatching footswitches
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You can use any momentary footswitch with a polarity switch with the DD-7 for tap tempo.

I love my DD-7 personally. It's packed with features, on a tiny footprint, and the FS-5U really unleashes it.

Not to mention it's cheaper than all the other delays I looked at.
Quote by acdclandon
If you want digital, or really don't care for analog than I think its an awesome option

I agree and it has also has an anologue feature on it that I've found to be quite nice.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
I've heard great things about that pedal. You can record a few minutes of music. I would'nt mind buying one myself. But I would go with an MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I think analog is better than digital.

Not necessary when it comes to delays. a analog delay will color your sound quite a bit and is also only capable of a short delay time (i believe less than 3 seconds). If you want clean repeats of your notes that are uncolored than a digital delay is better. also you can do stuff like reverse delay and stuff like this. Also the DD-7 has a mode that emulates a analog delay.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
did you read my post at all?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I love me m DD-7. It makes me happy. However, buy a power adapter for the love of all that is good, this thing eats batteries like they are for breakfast.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
pretty awesome, only thing is thta sometimes, when you're using the digital settings (aka not analog reverse or modulation) the digital repeats sound a little different thatn your regular note, then again, it's digital. sounds great though, ia have it and i love it
Quote by dbl93100
pretty awesome, only thing is thta sometimes, when you're using the digital settings (aka not analog reverse or modulation) the digital repeats sound a little different thatn your regular note, then again, it's digital. sounds great though, ia have it and i love it

Although it is a good point to raise the quality of digital, I believe it is the opposite.

I find that digital sounds far more like your normal sound, and that analog is the one that adds the small warp effect to it, but than again I haven't tried huge numbers of analog delays.

For the guy asking about delays, here is my analysis:
-A lot of people seem to rave about how analogs are way better sounding than digital, which is a preference thing.
-Digital's take the cake in one major area though, and that is features, they usually pack a lot of stuff into them. (DD-6, DD-7, DL-4 etc.) Although some analogs have quite a bit of stuff on them, particularly the EHX Memory Man.

So really if you prefer the sound of analog than something like the Carbon Copy would work fine, If you like the sound of the DD-7 or other digital delays as is and want the extra features go for the DD-7 or other ones.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by helsinki_vampir
Not necessary when it comes to delays. a analog delay will color your sound quite a bit and is also only capable of a short delay time (i believe less than 3 seconds). If you want clean repeats of your notes that are uncolored than a digital delay is better. also you can do stuff like reverse delay and stuff like this. Also the DD-7 has a mode that emulates a analog delay.

I totally agree, digital is better if you need clean delay without too much interference. As for the time, NO-ONE needs over 1 second of delay in a live situation. However, analog does provide a really nice colour to the tone and sounds more pleasant than digital delay for certain applications, both have their benfits, hence why I have both an analog and a digital delay on my board. However, I stoped agreeing with you when you said the DD-7 emulates an analog delay, I tried this function and it was terrible.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM