how much money does it cost to re-attach a neck to a bass on average?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Completely depends on where you are. Best thing to do is go to your local and find out a price.

Is it a bolt on? Set neck? Is it a broken neck, an old one you took off? A new neck entirely? Too many questions.

yeah i have it in the shop now, they just havent given me a quote yet and im really curious. its an old one being put back on and its a bolt-on
Quote by Diet_coke_head

Gear:
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
you do realise that a monkey with a screwdriver can reattach a bolt on neck. it is literally a case of tightening 4 screws
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
you do realise that a monkey with a screwdriver can reattach a bolt on neck. it is literally a case of tightening 4 screws

This. The only problem might be that if it's a cheap one, the screws might be ****ed up and the holes not match up well. One of my friends had that with a cheap bolt-on guitar. But that's not likely.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
This. The only problem might be that if it's a cheap one, the screws might be ****ed up and the holes not match up well. One of my friends had that with a cheap bolt-on guitar. But that's not likely.

well its not exactly that easy boys. dont forget its gotta be glued back on as well, and everything has to be set up properly.

not to mention id rather have my bass properly repaired and set up then do it myself.
Quote by Diet_coke_head

Gear:
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
a bolt on neck doesn't have to be glued and while setups seem daunting at first any self respecting bassist should be able to do his own and you gotta learn somewhere unless you're content with getting ripped off every time your bass needs a slight adjustment
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Tatersalad1080
well its not exactly that easy boys. dont forget its gotta be glued back on as well, and everything has to be set up properly.

not to mention id rather have my bass properly repaired and set up then do it myself.

I've attached a neck or two (sans glue), and done a set up or dozen. Pretty straight forward and easy as long as you're not dressing the frets or adjusting the nut.