was just wondering if this is a safe way of warming your amp up quicker before playing? like switching on the amp, first on stand by for a few mins, then switching the amp on fully and switching the hot plate to 'load' for another few mins to heat it up faster. not even entirely what the load function is for!

thanks.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Waiting a minute before you start playing is too inconvenient?

Why do you feel the need to let it warm up for "a few minutes" and then "a few minutes" again???
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
because i take short breaks from college work to play guitar, and although i do give it time on stand by its still far from its optimal tone, just want to get to the sweet spot quicker
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
An amp only takes a minute to warm up at the most.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what in the world gives you the idea that this would make your amp warm up quicker?

switching the hot plate to load just turns it into a load box to which you can connect a line out.