Page 1 of 2
So it happened again for like the 6th time, and the other times I just fixed it doing the towel trick. Now it won't fix it anymore, so I went onto xbox.com. They said my warranty is expired, and it's going to cost $99 to fix. WTF? **** that.
sucks for you
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
More time for the pit?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
If you get the red ring they should fix it. They fixed mine every time and I had xbox 360s for like 3 or 4 years.

Edit: Wow yoou sereuslt used the towl trick? That only worked for like 10 minutes for me
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Last edited by MetalheadforJC at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by crypticslaughtr
your dumbass shouldve just sent it in the first time it happened so your warranty wouldve renewed.

This. Towel trick should only be used if you're waiting for MS to send the coffin.
pwned haha
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Aww, I'm sorry precious, you have to pay $99 to a fix a hunk of ****.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
This is why I'm a fan of PC gaming only.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I dont want to be the ass to sa this but....

You wouldnt have this problem with a PS3!
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

trade it in at gamestop with a temp towel trick. then trade in all you games and get a ps3. thats what i did.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by CBNJ
So it happened again for like the 6th time, and the other times I just fixed it doing the towel trick. Now it won't fix it anymore, so I went onto xbox.com. They said my warranty is expired, and it's going to cost $99 to fix. WTF? **** that.

What about changing to the new gen? Buy a G24. It has 24 frets and the G stands for Guitar... I would sell it on ebay, giving the profit to the homeless or buying a new whammy bar
I don't understand how X360 is the leading system with this going on. I mean, is 100 bucks difference really worth it for a system that has pretty much a 100% chance of breaking down. Honestly, -every- single person I know with an Xbox has had this problem. I've accidentally left my PS3 on for a day.. didn't overheat or anything. In fact, I've owned PSX/2/3/P and never had a problem with any one of them.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
All my noob friends have Xbox360s and they think they never break so I told them about all these threads about it in The Pit, and guess what? You'll never believe this but they said........ The Pit (and all Pit members) are gay! You should give me some threats that I can pass on to them.

Also, should have bought a Wii.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by Jusman
All my noob friends have Xbox360s and they think they never break so I told them about all these threads about it in The Pit, and guess what? You'll never believe this but they said........ The Pit (and all Pit members) are gay! You should give me some threats that I can pass on to them.

wii?

hell naw
Quote by Jusman

I have a Wii. I was so excited when I got it, but I stopped playing it like a month or so after I got it.
The fact that you've put up with it SIX TIMES says alot. Seriously, sell it and get a game system that works. PC, PS3, or even a Wii, I don't care. Just get something that doesn't require constant repair. It's ridiculous to continue to support a company that doesn't give a f*ck the quality of their products.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
The fact that you've put up with it SIX TIMES says alot. Seriously, sell it and get a game system that works. PC, PS3, or even a Wii, I don't care. Just get something that doesn't require constant repair. It's ridiculous to continue to support a company that doesn't give a f*ck the quality of their products.

This. The 360 is a terrible system but of you're that enamoured with it you'll pay up for the repairs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have a PS3 and 360, and my girlfriend has a Wii (for 2 player games, mostly). I've never had a problem with my Xbox 360 and I hope I never do. But I honestly play my PS3 a lot more (as you can tell from my sig).

Honestly, you should pay the $99. You'll probably get a better console than you already had.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
6 times? Man you either play Xbox way too much or you have some seriously bad luck
My PS3 has never sh*t out on me. Plus, it does my laundry. You know what to do...
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by crypticslaughtr
your dumbass shouldve just sent it in the first time it happened so your warranty wouldve renewed.

No flaming, shut up.
Quote by HavokStrife
I don't understand how X360 is the leading system with this going on. I mean, is 100 bucks difference really worth it for a system that has pretty much a 100% chance of breaking down. Honestly, -every- single person I know with an Xbox has had this problem. I've accidentally left my PS3 on for a day.. didn't overheat or anything. In fact, I've owned PSX/2/3/P and never had a problem with any one of them.

Every new batch of 360's that Microsoft sends out is getting better, so hopefully there won't be a RRoD anymore. It was originally only 35% of them that got it, so it's not all that bad anymore, if you actually buy a new one and don't have one you purchased previously.
Quote by frottage
Every new batch of 360's that Microsoft sends out is getting better, so hopefully there won't be a RRoD anymore. It was originally only 35% of them that got it, so it's not all that bad anymore, if you actually buy a new one and don't have one you purchased previously.

No it's still at around 33%. They are saying NOW that they are gonna try to fix it permanently, but we'll just see how well that works out.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I think the new ones are much better about the 3rrod
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
actually right now, if you send it off theyre almost permanently fixed. theres a yahoo article on it.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by HavokStrife

Being an constant player of both (my friend has a PS3 and I have the 360), I definitely believe that the overall game quality (graphics, smoothness, and 360-only titles) and online play compared to the PS3 is better. Sure, Microsoft sucks at building hardware - I'll give anyone that. Even then, I left my 360 on over freaking Christmas vacation... that's THREE WEEKS. I came back and freaked out when I saw it, but it was fine.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Your xbox is covered for 3 years over the circumstance that a red ring of death occurs. Did you tell them that you have done the towel trick? Cause that will void it completely. Also, if you have had your xbox long enough that you had it red ring, then either A: you keep it in a cramped space, or you have one the old boards and that means old xbox. which means TIME FOR A NEW ONE.
There using something like 65 micrometer CPU`s now on the new boards, they basically made it virtually rrod proof.
Page 1 of 2