I will be covering this song on my talent show in less than 2 weeks but Im having trouble learning Kirk's solo. Anyway to cover up the first part of the solo tapping or something easier?
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Which bit do you mean? Can you not do the tapping? If not, spend the 2 weeks going over it...Also, there is the lesson on the main page about tapping. A few days of practice should get you upto speed.

Or you might mean the first bit of the solo, with the pull of ****. If thats the case - I know it sounds boring, and probably is - But just play it slowly. 2 weeks is plenty of time to learn a solo imo.
there is no tapping in that solo lol.
if you can play the rest of the song you can master that solo in two weeks.
I can play the whole song, and I was saying if there is a way to play it tapping the solo. The rest of the song I can play it as it is supposed to be
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Oh you mean you want a way to tap it instead of actually picking? I assume you mean that very first lick as it's the only one that even remotely sounds like tapping. It's not tapped on the record of course, but if you've got the reach, it can be done.

Try: e|--17p12p8p7h8h12--17p12p8p7h8h12--17p12p8p7h8h12--15p12p8p7h8h12--||X2

That's high e string. The 17's and 15 are tapped and the 7,8,12 is just a wide left hand fingering. Honestly I think it's easier the normal way...

Best of luck,
-Old Rasputin
Do it how it's supposed to be played, so much easier. Tapping it is really hard.