Page 1 of 2
i believe a time has come to lift the no stairway rule

we have denied it because it was overplayed...however, these days, it is barely ever played now due to the "No Stairway" rule

so im bringing it back.....going into every guitar store and playing stairway at least once

Whos with me?!!? (nobody..)
Sounds good... play it.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I didn't even bother to learn it.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Epic fail TS.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
i'm not with you...the only time this should be played is when there is a chance at getting a chicks clothes off. otherwise, still off limits
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Whats stairway?
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
Quote by tygur91
i believe a time has come to lift the no stairway rule

we have denied it because it was overplayed...however, these days, it is barely ever played now due to the "No Stairway" rule

so im bringing it back.....going into every guitar store and playing stairway at least once

Whos with me?!!? (nobody..)

Look, the ban is up for reconsideration in another 8 years anyway, just be patient like the rest of us and leave this up to the proper authorities and legal processes. If, in 8 years they find that the douchebaggery has been lowered back to safe levels, it'll be up to a well-trained committee to decide if it's safe to allow stairway again.

You don't have the training or background to make these important decisions on your own. Lives are at stake in delicate political situations like these and we have to move slowly if we're going to do anything at all. If you really want to advocate for stairway, excercise your right and go lobby for it so that maybe it will gain approval by the time of the upcoming review. Don't be a vigilante and start playing it illegally in the meantime.
Quote by masturnate42
i'm not with you...the only time this should be played is when there is a chance at getting a chicks clothes off. otherwise, still off limits

This.

However, I was unaware that there was even a rule in place.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Look, the ban is up for reconsideration in another 8 years anyway, just be patient like the rest of us and leave this up to the proper authorities and legal processes. If, in 8 years they find that the douchebaggery has been lowered back to safe levels, it'll be up to a well-trained committee to decide if it's safe to allow stairway again.

You don't have the training or background to make these important decisions on your own. Lives are at stake in delicate political situations like these and we have to move slowly if we're going to do anything at all. If you really want to advocate for stairway, excercise your right and go lobby for it so that maybe it will gain approval by the time of the upcoming review. Don't be a vigilante and start playing it illegally in the meantime.

*speechless at amount of awesome* If I could sig all of that, I would
Quote by masturnate42

Just play Tears in Heaven. That way she'll think your sad and you get pity sex
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
Quote by Minkaro
Play a good song instead.

+1
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
I haven't listened to that song in like a year.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Whats stairway?

I hope you're joking.

TS, I'm with you, but don't play the intro.

Play the solo.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Whats stairway?

Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

this guy is the re-incarnation of god.
Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey
Quote by razorback_al_31
How about, you right your own stuff and play that.

why bother if he can already play stairway alwrite?
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by razorback_al_31

That's write. Right your own stuff and play that instead.
Quote by razorback_al_31

I agree, except without the spelling mistake. Whenever I test gear, I will maybe play one riff that isn't mine, the rest will just be improv.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Red-Rockabilly
Whats stairway?

here u go

best answer so far

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by masturnate42

This, and when I'm alone and chilling and I want to play something soft and this is all I know because I am a lazy ****.
I don't get the Stairway hate

I ****ing love that song.

IMO one of their best.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 4, 2009,
^ great song yes, but not when some pre-teen arrogant gasbag comes in, plugs in the MG stack, cranks it and plays it to the extent where Led Zeppelin actually wished they never wrote it and reunite solely for the purpose of killing that little douchebag.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
im not really sure why you people dont like stairway so much. i think it has something to do with the fact that its the most popular song ever. im not sure though. i listen to that song all the time, and i think it is one of the greatest songs ever written, by THE greatest band ever.

have any of you guys listened to it when high? that might be your first problem...
geez it's going to be a vicious cycle
when we overplay a song then we stop and then someone comes along thinking he a radical or something starts playing it again then it starts up again and again and again aargh!
Quote by crazy8rgood
I don't get the Stairway hate

I ****ing love that song.

IMO one of their best.

the reason its banned is because there are too many people like you
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Dudes! don't flame him! I don't like Stairway to Heaven either, but Metallica has some good songs!!
Don't know how to play it. Don't intend to know how to play it in my lifetime.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
Don't know how to play it. Don't intend to know how to play it in my lifetime.

For fuck's sake, boy!

Everyone knows how to play Stairway!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Nah, play some other Zep song.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Play Bob Dylan and sing it like you mean it. You catch some attention til then shut up. There a rule for a reason. The song is good but only play it under request or at home.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
IT'S WAYNE'S WORLD! WAYNE'S WORLD! PARTY TIME! EXCELLENT!

WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO

*cccch cccch cccch cccch*

EDIT:

Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d
Dudes! don't flame him! I don't like Stairway to Heaven either, but Metallica has some good songs!!

Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Mar 5, 2009,
Yes, denied.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2