Poll: Should adults have facebooks?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should adults have facebooks?
Yes
273 54%
No
45 9%
There should be an adults only version of the site
66 13%
I asked for pickles on my burger you crap bucket!
122 24%
Voters: 507.
Page 1 of 4
I always feel really weird when someone's parents friend request me on facebook, do you share these sentiments? I think maybe there should be a just adults facebook or something.

Poll Coming
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
what about when you grow up
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Doesn't Facebook have an age limit anyways?

I don't even use it. It's too complicated.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Nobody should have a Facebook.
It's for phags.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Social networking sites are whack.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I have my friends parents and teachers on my Facebook friends. I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't have anything I wouldn't want them to see on it.
shouldn't you have an option that says "they should be allowed to if they want"? because "yes" makes it seem like you think every adult in the world needs a facebook.
but i think they should have one if they want. i could care less.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Facebook was originally for college students and adults, not high schoolers..
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
so... if you are over 16 in the UK you cant have a facebook? thats when we're officialy adults
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
What do you have to hide, eh?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
idk, my uncle added me, and whenever i have something bad, or my friend says something bad he gets on my case about it, its like he only looks at my profile, its kind of wierd.
Equiptment:

Bass: Yamaha RBX170
Amp: Fender Rumble 100
Pedal: Boss BOD-3 Bass overdrive pedal
Quote by Rogue Hermit
shouldn't you have an option that says "they should be allowed to if they want"? because "yes" makes it seem like you think every adult in the world needs a facebook.
but i think they should have one if they want. i could care less.

The question is should they be able to have facebooks, if you answer yes then you think that the should be able to. This is essentially what you just said. (we're agreeing)
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
oops I hit no, I meant yes.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I see nothing wrong with it. From what I've seen facebook is popular with older people, a lot of teens have it but don't go on or spend more time on myspace or myyearbook. My mom has one and she also made each of my dogs one.
my dad has one.

...i'm not adding him though, and i'm sure he doesn't want to see pictures of me covered in make-up, or staring at the camera with gin-eyes.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by slaptasticdave
The question is should they be able to have facebooks, if you answer yes then you think that the should be able to. This is essentially what you just said. (we're agreeing)

sorry, the poll just seemed slightly vague. i had a hunch that is what the "yes" option was.

idk, my uncle added me, and whenever i have something bad, or my friend says something bad he gets on my case about it, its like he only looks at my profile, its kind of wierd.

if their reasons are to stalk family members, they should not be allowed to. but if the facebook is for their own purposes, like talking to former classmates, that should be fine.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Mar 4, 2009,
Im an adult and I have one. It's a great way to keep in touch with people who have moved and **** like that. However I have less then 30 friends, and it annoys me when people have 400+. You don't like 400 people, just cause you have seen them once or twice does not mean you need them on your page. But if thats what they want, whatever, doesn't really affect me.
Well...yeah, they should be allowed to have them. I'm uncomfortable with adults I know having them (for obvious reasons) but that really shouldn't mean they can't make an account.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Bro technically I'm an adult being 18 and all
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Y'know, there are these things called privacy controls... they kinda let you set who sees what... then there's this thing called common sense... it kinda lets you not be a dumbass.
all my aunts and uncles have it. it's crazy annoying. they try to mingle with my cousins and i and also our friends. it's just creepy. massive lack of privacy, my home life and my school/social life must be kept seperate. i don't need my entire family knowing what i sometimes talk about with buddies even if it isn't anything bad.

in the end though i blocked them all and they got annoyed and told my parents i blocked them. my parents were like 'umm why do you people have facebook anyways, you're all like 50'
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Me personally, no. My dad has one so he can spy on me, ya know, look at my Wall conversations, see the people who i hang out with, learn stuff about me that i wouldn't want him to find out about, i hate it. It's an invasion of my privacy, but there's nothing i can do about it.
Sail upon the open skies
Honestly, why are so many people paranoid about their parents having a Facebook and actually adding their children, it's not like they peruse your page looking for things to nag you about. Why does everyone also think their parents are either trying to ruin their lives or infringe upon every "individual" social circle that you try and convince yourself that you belong to. Personally, my mum is actually more in touch with modern society and funny than half the idiots I know that are my age. Maybe if you didn't see your parents as simply the people who feed you and put a roof over your head, but are simultaneously trying to wreck all your social endeavours, you might actually learn something. Oh and to the kid blocking his mother, please grow the **** up!

IncuEdit: I actually find the kids who devote their whole page to either their ego, overzealous false friendships, overall sluttiness or their 2-week long I-love-him-so-much-that-I-have-to-emphasise-it-ad-nauseum-and-devote-my-page-to-him boyfriend kids much more annoying and utterly braindead than family members who actually have some dignity and sense of reality.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by IncubusMan999
Honestly, why are so many people paranoid about their parents having a Facebook and actually adding their children, it's not like they peruse your page looking for things to nag you about. Why does everyone also think their parents are either trying to ruin their lives or infringe upon every "individual" social circle that you try and convince yourself that you belong to. Personally, my mum is actually more in touch with modern society and funny than half the idiots I know that are my age. Maybe if you didn't see your parents as simply the people who feed you and put a roof over your head, but are simultaneously trying to wreck all your social endeavours, you might actually learn something. Oh and to the kid blocking his mother, please grow the **** up!

I never said that he was ruining my life, i have seen him though look through my ENTIRE page. Photos, comments, he even got my password and read through all of my messages. My only problem is that he is invading my privacy, other than that, i couldn't give a shit.
Sail upon the open skies
It was letting people that aren't at university sign up that was the downfall of FB.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Well it doesn't affect me but, some kid at my school has his mom and dad and aunts and stuff added and they comment on every single status he has. I feel sorry for the kid.

edit: Oh and I just noticed that last part, I don't see how blocking my mom makes me immature.
Last edited by drunkinkoala at Mar 4, 2009,
All my aunts, uncles and older cousins have had it for the past few years, before the high schoolers flooded over into it from myspace. I really don't see a point using it apart from keeping in touch with old friends, which no one in high school really has cause 90% of the people you know you've only known for a couple years anyway. I think there should be a minimum age if anything.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
they should because it is a good way to keep up with old friends from high school and college.
Quote by angusfan16
I never said that he was ruining my life, i have seen him though look through my ENTIRE page. Photos, comments, he even got my password and read through all of my messages. My only problem is that he is invading my privacy, other than that, i couldn't give a shit.

That is excessive, and a blatant invasion of privacy.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
That is excessive, and a blatant invasion of privacy.

I know, i've even told him how i felt about it, but he just replies with the usual answer: "You live in MY house. I own everything here. This computer, your room, your bed, it is all mine. Until you move out, i own your privacy." I hate it so much. Thank god i only have to deal with this crap for one more year...
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 4, 2009,
Heres the thing about social networking sites, they replace living. You have friends right? Don't show them by adding them, show them by stopping by they're house on a day you KNOW they're not doing anything and take them to a movie, you pay. Hang out with you friends in real life, not on the interwebz.
Angus, ask him when he is going to start charging rent and then claim a deduction of possessive twat tax.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Page 1 of 4