Ok I wanna buy my first Electric. I really cannot decide. Eventually I will test them out but I want to have my options now. I am considering anything under $300.. I want to play blues,alternative,punk,screamo,some metal, and ALOT of Eric Clapton songs..

Is the Ibanez RG3EXQM1 any good??
http://www.music123.com/Ibanez-RG3EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-519784-i1168030.Music123

How About The ESP EC-50?
http://www.music123.com/ESP-EC-50-Electric-Guitar-516672-i1370020.Music123

I dont know what to look for.. Please Help me out.
Also No squires please.. or starter packs..

Thanks!!!
i have an RG4, its an amazing guitar, very flexible and can play almost anything. i imagine the RG3 would be the same.
i have no experience with ESP's.
if you don't have an amp or guitar yet, why are you against starter packs?

also, does the 300 bucks include the amp?

and what do you have against squiers, yes, they are starter guitars, BUT THAT"S WHAT YOU"RE LOOKING FOR..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Because I have friends who have squires and they Sound HORRIBLE.. And I have enough for either a Fender Frontman 15Watt or a Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt.
"ALOT of Eric Clapton songs.."

definitely not the ibanez. the emgs are not very bluesy...

and i don't know much about the esp, but you could probably get a much bluesier guitar for that price.

i would suggest an H/S/S strat or something with a similar configuration. more versatile.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
You can't go wrong with a used Epiphone g-400 or Les Paul standard.

Don't get a Frontman or a Spider, they suck, get a Peavey Vyper or a small used tube amp, like the one in my sig.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by wildwildwes594 at Mar 4, 2009,
I love these "first guitar" threads

Here's my advice:

If you want to get the most from your money, buy used.

Always try before you buy (meaning I don't recommend Ebay)

When you are trying out a guitar, start by playing without an amp.

When you are playing via an amp, use the amp's "clean" setting.

As for "A lot of Eric Clapton songs", might I recommend a MIM Stratocaster?
I bought my first guitar (MIM Stratocaster) a few weeks ago; $350 for the guitar, amp, pedal, stand, tuner, cables, and soft case.

Good luck!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
For the money I would always look to buy something used first, because you'll always get way more for your money.

But if you can't find anything used, you always can check craigslist, or your just totally against buying used than go with the Ibanez, it's more versatile than people give it credit for.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.