Well, mysteriously my bass stopped working like 2 days ago, and I was particularly scared, because i was outside on the porch. I wanted to go outside in the cloudy cold weather to get inspired, and my bass stopped working. I started to freak out. I checked the outlet first, then the cable, then my 9v, then I opened up the back and saw a wire wiggled loose. Sonnovabich. I needed a soldering gun, and until I found one, I would not be the same. Yea so today, I remembered my neighbor played guitar, and I thought he might have a soldering gun. Hell yeah he did. He fixed the wire up for me and asked me if I wanted to jam. He was oblivious to the fact that I played bass (i kinda found that hard to believe since im always rattling windows). So we went out to his shed, were he keeps his guitars. He was an upper level player, and seeing alot of what he played opened my eyes up more to the blues genre. I had never really been big on blues, or big on learning to improvise, but after I came out of there, alot more is clear... Have you had a similar experience with another musician?

TL;DR: I went to my neighbors house and jammed, and it really put blues into perspective for meh. Have you had a similar experience? Disscuzz nao ty.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
I get put into perspective every time I play with another musican who isn't a member of my band.

Me and the guitarist can just click on what we are playing, and we have been doing it for years... so we know each others ability, style and playing habits through and through.

With other people it's never as good, and alot of effort on both sides has to go in to keep a tune rolling.
Quote by Casketcreep
I get put into perspective every time I play with another musican who isn't a member of my band.

Me and the guitarist can just click on what we are playing, and we have been doing it for years... so we know each others ability, style and playing habits through and through.

With other people it's never as good, and alot of effort on both sides has to go in to keep a tune rolling.

Pretty much. Except, the player I click with isn't even in a band. Whenever we get together, we're just awesome. I don't play with anyone but him, and that's only once every 3-5 months

But yes, TS, that happens to me whenever I'm in the presence of a player who's miles better than me. I don't get out much, so it's not often, but it's cool when it does, hahaha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man

But yes, TS, that happens to me whenever I'm in the presence of a player who's miles better than me. I don't get out much, so it's not often, but it's cool when it does, hahaha

Well its not that im a beginner, im like to think im pretty good, but i just have little to no experience with blues, mostly metal =\
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
I have a great bunch of jazz players I hang with each week. There's a core group of a few people who I have gained so much from. I learn something from these folks each time I play with them; its amazing. I jokingly call two of them my "Rosetta stones' since they seem to be able to provide insights into playing and jazz that open up so much for me musically.
I only really played metal until my brother asked me to join his band. Suddenly i was thrown from playing about 2 or 3 classic rock songs ever to now having a full list of over 60 songs. I'd say it opened my eyes to the joy of classic rock. Also it helped me with my jamming skills because when one person is late(usually my brother who sings and does rythm guitar) the rest of us jam until they show up. Seriously we just keep jamming and jamming. we jammed over 20 minutes straight last weekend and i ended it so that i could take a break since it was gonna be a long practice. Had to get through all three 15 song set lists for the show this saturday.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Around here, I don't get a whole lot of chances to play with other musicians, but I have played with my dad a time or two, and let me tell you it's pretty humbling. He keeps tellimg me I'm better than him, and indeed I can play probably three times as fast and create more intricate lines, but when I hear him get into the pocket with those old blues-rock songs, I know I have a long way to come still. I don't know how to describe it really, other than to say there's something he has that I'm still lacking. I don't want to say soul, because I put that into everything I play, but he...I dunno...it's like it's completely effortless.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Around here, I don't get a whole lot of chances to play with other musicians, but I have played with my dad a time or two, and let me tell you it's pretty humbling. He keeps tellimg me I'm better than him, and indeed I can play probably three times as fast and create more intricate lines, but when I hear him get into the pocket with those old blues-rock songs, I know I have a long way to come still. I don't know how to describe it really, other than to say there's something he has that I'm still lacking. I don't want to say soul, because I put that into everything I play, but he...I dunno...it's like it's completely effortless.

I know what you mean. My mom is always asking me to jam with my uncle, who's been playing for like 30 years or more, you know, and I'm always nervous, cuz I just know that as much as he might not have in theory and speed, he makes up for in sheer experience, and dedication.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
I play a wee bit of bass here and there nothing dedicated, but my friend (similar skill at guitar, but he's better at improv I'm better with consistency) but I was playin some bass beneath his playing of a Jack Johnson song and it was coo cause I just tuned into his song about halfway through and it sounded awesome.