ok i want to be able to play WoW and do regular things at the same time. here's me problem. WoW only works when i have a display adapter called "NVIDIA GeForce 6100 n Force 405" enabled. and when i enable it, everything in my computer gets huge. the screen resoltuion get sset to like 800x600 or something like that and it wont let me change it. it say thats the only one i have. and when i play WoW with it, the game is normal size, like, it fits my screen almost perfectly. but when i have this adapter DISABLED, i have all of my screen resolution options and everything is fine and normal size. keep in mind when i try to play WoW without the adapter enabled, it gives me an error saying that something is wrong with my display and it cant run. any ideas of how i can change this?

thx in advance
Last edited by codynw42 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by metaldud536
Buy yourself a graphics card. What is the max resolution of your pc screen and how old is your motherboard?

when i have the display adapter disabled, my screen resolution can go from 800x600 all the way up to 2048x1536. i think i already have a graphics card....how would i know? and its about....a year old maybe.
Quote by heaven's gate
Don't want to be able play WoW. Solved.

your cool.
Quote by codynw42
when i have the display adapter disabled, my screen resolution can go from 800x600 all the way up to 2048x1536. i think i already have a graphics card....how would i know? and its about....a year old maybe.

Ok ok, how big is your monitor, and yes you need a graphics card because yours is integrated.

If you have a laptop, then this thread ends here
Quote by metaldud536
Ok ok, how big is your monitor, and yes you need a graphics card because yours is integrated.

If you have a laptop, then this thread ends here

alright... what integrated? and how do you know mine is integrated? my monitor is big. its one of those that can be used as a tv or a computer screen. no, i have a E-machine.
Quote by umbra1010
are you situated on a laptop or a desktop?

desky toppy
e machine?....
anywho what resolution are you setting WoW to? if you set WoW to 600x800 and put it in window mode then probably your windows will be too. set wow the same as your pc and see how that goes.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by codynw42
alright... what integrated? and how do you know mine is integrated? my monitor is big. its one of those that can be used as a tv or a computer screen. no, i have a E-machine.

Yea I figured your monitor was big with such a high max resolution. Your graphics card is integrated becuase I checked the model name. Integrated means the GPU is built into the motherboard. They aren't meant for playing games. What you want is a stand alone graphics card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150332 - like that which goes into one of your PCI slots which kinda resembles the RAM slots. The thing is, if you wanna play WoW you won't need something expensive. You gotta decide if you plan on playing the newer games out there. Because if you do, you're might wanna spend some more money...
Last edited by metaldud536 at Mar 4, 2009,
You have to disable your integrated graphics card first, then enable the one you want. As for the screen resolution you can change this through the controll panel.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by GaijinFoot
e machine?....
anywho what resolution are you setting WoW to? if you set WoW to 600x800 and put it in window mode then probably your windows will be too. set wow the same as your pc and see how that goes.

thats not my problem. if my display adapter is ENABLED then i can play WoW and it fits my screen pretty good, bt when im not playing WoW, then all my icons and everything are massively...massive.

if my displa y adapter is DISABLED then it wont let me play wow (says display error or something) but all my icons and whatever are normal size
Quote by k1ng_pooh
You have to disable your integrated graphics card first, then enable the one you want. As for the screen resolution you can change this through the controll panel.

there is only one thing under my display adapters and its the "NVIDIA GEFORCE" and if i disable that then i cant play WoW. if e enable it, all my stuff is massive, but WoW works fine.
I would recommenced getting a cheap graphics card, that would fix your problems. won't take much to play WoW and you could play more games on it.
Quote by codynw42
thats not my problem. if my display adapter is ENABLED then i can play WoW and it fits my screen pretty good, bt when im not playing WoW, then all my icons and everything are massively...massive.

if my displa y adapter is DISABLED then it wont let me play wow (says display error or something) but all my icons and whatever are normal size

I think it is your problem.
Icons are made to a certain size depending on your resolution. if your icons are say 32x32 pixels on a very large screen res but the game is forcing your monitor to display less that half that then you can expect the icons to be twice as big.
just give it a go and get back to us, can't hurt.

other option is like people said get a better card, still think you'll have the problem though.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!