Heres the scoop boys
-no more than 300$
-I want built in effects (flanger, delay, crunch etc)
-one person told me spider III 30W (259.99$)
-Looking for a amp thats 30-40W
-upgrade from Frontman Fender 15W
-plz dont say save up.. I was never good at the waiting game
-also dont suggest anything over 300$.. it will make me jelous XD

SUGGESTION PLZ IM GOING AMP HUNTING TOMMOROW

I like Metal but not screamo... I also like blues and soft rock.

Songs i PLay: Green tinted sixties mind, Everybreath you take, Trooper, Powerslave, message in a bottle, random santana shiet, sweet child of mine... etc
Last edited by platykim at Mar 4, 2009,
do not get the line 6. It won't be an upgrade from your current amp, more of a downgrade.
I almost forgot.. the closest store to me only has: Marshall, Vox, Roland, Line 6, Ampeg, and crate
If you want those digital effects built in I guess your gonna have to get a modeling amp. I would recommend a peavey vypyr but yourstoredon't carry it so I'd say a roland cube 30x.
dont get the spyder III.
the vypyr kicks its as*

peavey vypyr 30 199.99 112

peavey vypyr 75 (what i own) 299.99 112

check out the peavey vypyr thread.

the vypyrs have 24 amp models, tons for efx, and analog distortion.

Its a great sounding amp.
everyone says they are better than the spyder amps, and they truly are.
plus its atleast a 2 year warranty I believe.

Best 299.99 I've spend in a long time.

sounds perfect for what you are looking for.

I love those amps
Quote by JoePerry4life
If you want those digital effects built in I guess your gonna have to get a modeling amp. I would recommend a peavey vypyr but yourstoredon't carry it so I'd say a roland cube 30x.

This.

But look around for a Vypyr, IMO (and the majority of other people's opinions), their better than the cubes.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Get a behringer ucg102 guitar to computer adapter and buy good amp modelling software. I got guitar rig 3 from a friend and got the behringer. cost me $70 all up.
If you have to order a vypyr do it even if your store doesn't carry it. You won't regret it and they can get it shipped there quickly. Personally I'd save up another hundred and 60 bucks so I could get the tube version but if you don't have the patience go ahead with the ss one.
Peavey Vypyr, Vox valvetronix.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I've tried the Vox, Cube and Vypyr and for my money the Vypyr is certainly the best.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
I've tried the Vox, Cube and Vypyr and for my money the Vypyr is certainly the best.

Yep and the tube one only makes it that much better. The all tube power section matters a lot in the feel of the amp. I'd save up another hundred and 50 bucks. Surely you can be patient enough to save up that much.
I personally reccomend the roland cube, cause i can't stand the vypyr i find theres way to much going on at once, but look at either of those two.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
I personally reccomend the roland cube, cause i can't stand the vypyr i find theres way to much going on at once, but look at either of those two.

To much going on at once? What like effects? All you have to do is disable it. Put what effect you want. Other than that it sounds very organic unlike most modeling amps. It sounds great. A cube sounds digital and can not crank out the tones of the vypyr.
I dunno, i was just having a hardtime with everything, i need to spend more time with one i think.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
I dunno, i was just having a hardtime with everything, i need to spend more time with one i think.

It's very easy to control. It just is layed out different than most amps. The reverb is on a separate thing. But it's for good reason. So you can keep it and other effects on while still having stomp boxes and rack effects on at the same time without having to turn your reverb off. All you have to do is push the effects button in and turn the reverb down and push it back and switch it to bypass and theres no effects.
Quote by platykim
I almost forgot.. the closest store to me only has: Marshall, Vox, Roland, Line 6, Ampeg, and crate

Are you set on buying new?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by hcsn2008
It's very easy to control. It just is layed out different than most amps. The reverb is on a separate thing. But it's for good reason. So you can keep it and other effects on while still having stomp boxes and rack effects on at the same time without having to turn your reverb off. All you have to do is push the effects button in and turn the reverb down and push it back and switch it to bypass and theres no effects.

Haha that doesnt sound that easy. At least not intuitive.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Haha that doesnt sound that easy. At least not intuitive.

its not easy at first.
Especially if you are a newer to guitar.

It took me 10 mins to figure it all out.
It does take a little time, but thats because it has a lot of cool features.

Its like getting a new phone, or any electronic piece for that matter.
It takes time to learn it. and when you do you know it like the back of your hand.