so i'm considering buying an epiphone explorer, ALOT cheaper than Gibson's. It's getting great reviews but alot of them recommend switching out the pickups. Why? and how do you do it?
why?: to get better tone/sound
how?: if you dont know, get a pro to do it for you along with a good set-up
why: Gibson Explorer pickups have more output, therefore they are a bit edgier and provide more sustain
how:as long as your not a total tard you can probably do it just by following the directions that come with your new pickups. If you go to a shop you can expect them to charge about 30 bucks per pickup to exchange them out. (at least thats what my local guitar shop would charge)
Quote by fire_fret05
so i'm considering buying an epiphone explorer, ALOT cheaper than Gibson's. It's getting great reviews but alot of them recommend switching out the pickups. Why? and how do you do it?

My experience with Epi vs. Gibson pickups is that the Gibson ones are more powerful.

IMO, it would be better to try out a Gibson Explorer and an Epiphone explorer and see which you like better (and try to tell the difference).

I don't think a pickup upgrade would be too hard though (probably a YouTube video on it somewhere)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by fire_fret05

If you need to ask then it's not something you ned to worry about.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com