Hey guys, I'm writing a song for a school Music Video Project, and I'm needing a bit of help.

I finally dialed in some settings that sound good, and when i went to play, I couldn't think of anything. I'm looking for a kinda Dark and... Well, I can't think of a word for it, but I guess "Gloomy" will have to do. Think as songs like the intro to "Everything You Love" by Chimaira, or the intro to "Erase" by All That Remains.

Well, that's where you guys come in. I was wondering if anyone knows any good scales that could give me that kind of "Dark" Sound. Now, I'm not the best at Theory, but if I can get a scale, I can put it to good use.

Oh, and also, the entire song isn't going to be clean. It's going to switch between clean and some pretty heavy metal. Most likely slower tempo'ed, kind Doom Metal-ish, but not saying there isn't going to be a fast part or two. And it'll be switching back and forth between the two, if that helps.

But basically, I'm looking for some scales.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by SMB13 at Mar 4, 2009,
I find that the plan ol' melodic minor is really simple to use and can be very effective, check out the stuff on my band's profile page