I have a Ibanez RG7321 (7 stringer) and i am wanting some better pups, the stock ones are kind of weak/muddy.

I was looking at:

Blaze Neck 7 (DiMarzio)
Air Norton 7 (DiMarzio)
or some Seymour Duncans.

rec's are welcome, i just want a good pup that will have good bite whether its clean or distorted, some bass (not mud), and can get clear harmonics.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
the air norton is nice and stick a D sonic in the bridge...oh wait your not john pettruci.
I use a line 6 what of it?
Rig and music you play?

Unless you want us to assume you either:

1. Play jazz with a Fender combo
or
2. Play down-tuned nu-metal with teh br00talz

lol
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
im pretty set on either Duncan or Dimarzio... and I love Dream Theater, but the D-Sonic isnt that great, even with the rail in either position.

i just want versatile pickups that good good with anything, but have clarity with distortion and really clear harmonics.

if they made a Steve's Special 7 i would so buy that. I love that pup so much.

But i play through a Fender G-DEC, soon to have a Randall Half Stack and play lots of progressive/power metal, and folk metal, but occasionally some jazz-fusion (usually use my explorer for that though)

TL;DR: I play prog/power metal with some jazz-fusion, DONT want the D-Sonic or Evolution 7, and DONT want EMGs. Period.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
bump...
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
any reason you don't want the D-sonic?
it sounds exactly like what you want.

have you actually tried it out? the common thing is at first people don't like it because they aren't EQing it right. it is a very mid heavy pup and you can actually scoop the mids a bit to hit its sweet spot
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
What you want is the d sonic dimarzio. I use this in 6 strings and 7 strings. It's the most amazing pickup I have messed with and I've messed with a lot. As far as the neck I don't know. I never replace the neck pickup. I only use the bridge pickup.