Whats the point in these pedals? I recently bought one of these and really regret it. I prefer my 15 dollar danelectro fab distortion over it (even though it is an awesome pedal.) All the SD-1 does is make your amp louder? Does anyone else own this yellow piece of sh1t? And could you maybe help me get a better heavier sound out of it?
Quote by lounge.act94
Whats the point in these pedals? I recently bought one of these and really regret it. I prefer my 15 dollar danelectro fab distortion over it (even though it is an awesome pedal.) All the SD-1 does is make your amp louder? Does anyone else own this yellow piece of sh1t? And could you maybe help me get a better heavier sound out of it?

Try turning the drive knob.

and on a more serious note, it is indeed just a rather light OD, not a metal pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by OceanofNoise at Mar 4, 2009,
You aren't using it right. It is not a heavy distortion. It is an overdrive. You use it to push a tube amp into sweet overdriven bliss, or to get bluesy crunch. It it not for teh br00ts

If you dont like it, send it to me
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Dude, mine sounds phenomenal. Your ear will develop. Keep it till then. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Alright i guess i will keep it and maybe mess around with it a bit more and see where it takes me.
I'd keep it for light/classic rock stuff... if you play any that is.

If not, why not keep it inline with your Fab Distortion and use as a clean boost for your leads? Dial the gain down and turn the level up.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I use mine as a boost... I'm not infatuated with the drive either, but occasionally I use a little to fuzz things up a bit. It's definitely not a stand alone distortion, it relies on t00bz!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by leondb
I'd keep it for light/classic rock stuff... if you play any that is.

If not, why not keep it inline with your Fab Distortion and use as a clean boost for your leads? Dial the gain down and turn the level up.

i do play a bit of classic rock but i mean i prefer that clean as weird as that sounds... I just recently figured out that it sounds good to turn on the overdrive on my amp and play with it on.
Clean boost then, for leads. Or you could sell it.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦