Im going to see Less than Jake on tuesday, and It is my first time seeing a ska band in concert, usually I go to punk or metal shows, I know for a band like streetlight manifesto there would be pits, but less than jake is more mellow, has anybody seen them? If so let me know, I love pits and I will be in it every second if there is one!
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Eh, there probably will be but it will be a lame half skanking/half moshing pit, I hate that.

Ska shows aren't meant for moshing, only skanking.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
yeah Im going to see Streetlight manifesto and reel big fish and Im also going to see Big D and The Kids Table all this summer, I can't wait
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by StreetLight3989
Eh, there probably will be but it will be a lame half skanking/half moshing pit, I hate that.

Ska shows aren't meant for moshing, only skanking.

Yea, what this guy said.
Depends, when I went to Streetlight last month the "pit" was one large mass of people practically on each other. Towards the back there were those skanking, hit me in the eye when I was trying to buy water...

Culture Room ftw
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat
Fender FM 65 DSP
Line 6 UberMetal distortion
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
Ask yer motha

BURN!

Speaking of burn, I learned my lesson when I went to see a pop punk band, the audience was awful.

I can almost imagine how ****ty the audience would be at LTJ.
I saw less than jake at a festival where metalcore and punk bands played, therefore the crowd might have been different.
They made a gigantic circle pit around the sound tower, and in the front there was a pit.......apart from the circle pit the concert was totally boring though
Quote by JacK C
I went to see Less than Jake at the astoria (RIP) only just a few months ago.

Their fans were fun to pit with, none of that throwing your fists around/violence/being a dick. Everyone was just being a friendly loon good people...

Less than Jake were alright as well.

pretty muchh
the band is tons o fun to see
they pull a lot of people on stage for the silliest reasons
Im going to see them wednesday in Atlanta. If anyone else is going, let me know and we can meet up!
I've been to five Less than Jake shows, and they all were different. The one at warped tour had a fairly active crowd. The one I went to last summer wasn't as rowdy. And one I went to a year and a half ago I literally passed out in the pit because it was so intense. So as far as my experiences, they've all had a pretty active crowd, and they put on an awesome show regardless.
They filled-in at a Rancid show I went to, mistakenly thinking LTJ were the headliners. The Rancid fans were terrible, just lame crash pits, Less Than Jake looked pretty pissed about it, they tried to encourage more unity in the crowd but didnt really help
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by SKAtastic7770
There will always be d-bags trying to start a pit...

Agreed. But sometimes fewer, sometimes more.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by SKAtastic7770
There will always be d-bags trying to start a pit...

I hate that so much. When I saw Big D a couple years ago people started doing that stupid skank moshing thing, just let me skank in peace.

There's usually a section of the crowd that is just skanking though, well until people start ruining it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I hate that so much. When I saw Big D a couple years ago people started doing that stupid skank moshing thing, just let me skank in peace.

There's usually a section of the crowd that is just skanking though, well until people start ruining it.

Agreed with the hatred. I was at a Suburban Legends and Reel Big Fish gig last month...can you think of two bands in the genre who are any harder to mosh to?!

Suburban. Freakin'. Legends. Disco/Pop/Rock...oh, and a bit of ska thrown in now and then.

I think some people just like moshing as an excuse to be an absolute **** for a couple of hours.

I find that at smaller shows, the crowd are a lot better. People seem to follow consensus; if a majority are skanking, not many people will mosh into people. I found this at Big D, Toasters and Streetlight.

And to the thread-starter: LTJ gigs are usually a hell of a lot of fun; most of it involves running around in a circle for an hour. I disgaree with the mellow comment; when they play Science of Selling Yourself Short, get your slow skank on. For the rest, expect a strange fusion of skanking, running and moshing. I thought I was going to get trampled on at the last one I went to; everybody surged forward for when they came on and played Metalheads straight away...call me a pussy if you wish, but I was terrified. I couldn't see the ceiling, I felt suffocated by the dense, hot air and there was so much pressure being piled on top of me.

But you'll be fine. Seriously mate.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
People who will try to skank but are too white and instead will sort of vaguely follow the movements while pushing into each other while LTJ play music thats pretty unsuited for skanking really