i have a squier affinity stratocaster that i got for xmas 2 years ago and i have a fender tele now so the strat just sittin on my wall so i decided to do sumthin with it.....i no im gonna get new pickups and tuners and bridge, but does ne1 else have any cool ideas to make it really unique??

i really like the hoverbucker idea so im prolly gona do that...does any1 else have any cool ideas??
It really depends what you want... You could repaint, get new coloured hardware, a new pickguard, even go so far as to draw/paint out a cool design on it... What types of music do you play?
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
repaint with some epic paintjob...
yeah thats about all i got...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
unique paint job.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
FR bridge, humbucking pickups or an HSS setup, three on/off switches for pickups instead of a 5-way, new paintjob, and a refretting job.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
refret job? why not just get a better neck? bolt on ftw
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
You can't just turn a bolt-on into a set-neck (I guess you could glue it in, but that'd ruin playability).

New paintjob, a refret (ONLY if it needs it), new nut (graphite, bone, or tusq).
just like paint it all take the neck and pickguard and well all of it off get just the body like hang it or lay on something and just throw paint at it then after its all done just put it on whats more orignal than random.
paint job, upgrade the parts.
to make it really unique remove the old logo decal and make your own logo.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Cort AD350CE
Homemade Strat
Marshall 10CD
Behringer UV300

Dremel/Bandsaw Fund:
$0/$400
A turret, a drink holder, a M&M's dispenser, a built in amp, a tele and maybe a floyd.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
AK47?
Or you could dummy bullet holes as a paint thing.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by SG310user
A turret, a drink holder, a M&M's dispenser, a built in amp, a tele and maybe a floyd.

you could try scalloping the fretboard, i did it to my bullet, and now I actually play it!

you could also get a few different colors of paint, do a few coats of the base color, splash on another color randomly,let dry, splash on another color, let dry, then sand it smooth and clear coat it.

could try shaping the headstock a little differently, sand off the old logo and make your own (i think someone else mentioned this). just make a stencil and paint it on there, or maybe use a woodburner!

killswitch, maybe some cool looking knobs, could put some some humbuckers in it, or maybe just one for the bridge
The greatest single mod you can make to a Squier is to fit a Wilkinson Tremelo and a graphtec nut, that'll give you tuning stability.

There is generally nothing wrong with a Squier neck that a full set up won't cure. I'd recommend replacing the pickups, as stock pickups in all guitars are crap.
Put a fender logo on then it'l play like teh best guitar in teh wurld.

Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)