Ok I set aside some cash for a pickup swap in my freeway classic. Im thinking I want to get either GFS power Rails or crunchy rails, but I hear better things about the power rails (and theres still a lot of output in them)

Whatever I get Im putting it in the bridge position of my godin...

question is, will the tone be better than the stock Godin Pickups? I'm looking for higher output, better/more articulate attack, and decent harmonic response. the body of the godin is made of maple/poplar and the neck is maple, so naturally it's got a crisp bright natural tone. Styles I'm playing are shred, metal, hard rock, and rock/alternative.

Obviously in a $35 pickup I'm not getting Dimarzio Evos but Im just looking for something to hold me off til I buy my next guitar, and as long as they're better than the stock godin pickups I'm all for it.

any input guys? I'm probably buying this tomorrow, so I'd like to know what you have to say so I dont make a huge mistake/waste money lol.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Mar 4, 2009,
DO NOT buy until you absolutely KNOW.
GFS makes some nice stuff, as far as pickups go.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
True, they're not bad for the price. I agree. Probably gonna throw some Crunchy Pats in my LP.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hey Kyle, you have any experience with the Crunchy Pat's?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by spiroth10
Ok I set aside some cash for a pickup swap in my freeway classic. Im thinking I want to get either GFS power Rails or crunchy rails, but I hear better things about the power rails (and theres still a lot of output in them) ...
The Power Rail, to my ears, through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II and a Peavey JSX, was muddy and didn't offer much in the way of dynamics. The Crunchy Rails, sounded immense - very nice Bass, subtle Mids, and authoritative Highs, specially on an SG (Mahogany). The Crunchy Rails also sounded better on the Basswood Ibanez RG. These aren't for Classic Rock, definitely.

I loved the Fat Pat for Classic Rock ... almost Gibson PAF but hotter.

Quote by Ippon
The Power Rail, to my ears, through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II and a Peavey JSX, was muddy and didn't offer much in the way of dynamics. The Crunchy Rails, sounded immense - very nice Bass, subtle Mids, and authoritative Highs, specially on an SG (Mahogany). The Crunchy Rails also sounded better on the Basswood Ibanez RG. These aren't for Classic Rock, definitely.

I loved the Fat Pat for Classic Rock ... almost Gibson PAF but hotter.

so overall would the fat pat be a better choice? with my gear, I can push any guitar into metal territory, and I'm pretty sure even the fat pat's output is decent enough for good metal/shred tones as well as classic rock (depending on the amp/effects...)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q