Page 1 of 2
This might be a stupid question to ask, but I'm just curious which delay pedal I should get. I'm willing to buy the Behringer DD100 because it's cheap for sound, but on second thought, I read reviews that there were issues with some people about this delay.
The other delay pedal I'd buy is the BOSS DD-3 which has more quality and better performance, but with a higher cost.
If there's a different delay pedal that you want to suggest about, please post.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
boss. just do it. dont get anything behringer if you can avoid it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Boss. If you really must save some money, try and get a Belcat delay.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Boss for sure, they make great delays.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I would go for the DD-7 personally, I owned the DD-3 and its great, but if you're going to go Boss than I say you should go all out, and get something with 40 seconds looping, 6 seconds of delay, and External Footswitch Tap Tempo.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by DeltaFunk
Boss for sure, they make great delays.

No they are not. They are some of the worst delay pedals available, and yet still one of Boss' best new generation products

You'll actually find the Behringer will match the Boss for sound, but the durability is significantly less and the behringer is more noisy. I'd say save up a little more and get something nicer like an MXR Carbon Copy or a BYOC Delay, instead of being a tight-arse now and then throwing out the pedal 3 months down the track when you get a little wiser, I had to learn that the hard way unfortunately.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by acdclandon
I would go for the DD-7 personally

I disagree; DD-6 is more versatile. Way cooler. Plus, 6 is an even number.

Judging by your influences, you aren't going to need it for anything too extreme, so you may want to consider an Ibanez analog delay. You could probably find a used one pretty cheap. I've seen loads in my area. Being open to online shopping helps too (but I'm not, and I get around fine).
EDIT: Or a Carbon Copy, as the guy above me said. Anything nice and warm and organic sounding.
Last edited by toyboxmonster at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by IncubusMan999
No they are not. They are some of the worst delay pedals available, and yet still one of Boss' best new generation products

Is that why Slash uses one?
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Anyway, thanks guys because I use a Behringer BO100 which is a good pedal for blues distortion so I asked if the DD100 is good enough also.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by toyboxmonster
I disagree; DD-6 is more versatile. Way cooler. Plus, 6 is an even number.

Judging by your influences, you aren't going to need it for anything too extreme, so you may want to consider an Ibanez analog delay. You could probably find a used one pretty cheap. I've seen loads in my area. Being open to online shopping helps too (but I'm not, and I get around fine).
EDIT: Or a Carbon Copy, as the guy above me said. Anything nice and warm and organic sounding.

Not to make waves, but how is the DD-6 more versatile?

The DD-7 has more looping time, more delay, and considerably better options on it, plus the external footswitch control.

All things that make it MORE versatile than the DD-6. Plus on Guitarcenter right now their the same price.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
Not to make waves, but how is the DD-6 more versatile?

The DD-7 has more looping time, more delay, and considerably better options on it, plus the external footswitch control.

All things that make it MORE versatile than the DD-6. Plus on Guitarcenter right now their the same price.

I like weird music, so warp mode is a huge advantage to me =)
Quote by toyboxmonster
I like weird music, so warp mode is a huge advantage to me =)

haha all to is own
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by IncubusMan999

You'll actually find the Behringer will match the Boss for sound, but the durability is significantly less and the behringer is more noisy. I'd say save up a little more and get something nicer like an MXR Carbon Copy or a BYOC Delay, instead of being a tight-arse now and then throwing out the pedal 3 months down the track when you get a little wiser, I had to learn that the hard way unfortunately.

wow you are dumb. boss's are GREAT delays.. and besides.. hes looking for a digital delay.. the carbon copy is analog..
Quote by IncubusMan999
instead of being a tight-arse now and then throwing out the pedal 3 months down the track when you get a little wiser, I had to learn that the hard way unfortunately.

agreed.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
what about a carbon copy?, maybe a bit on the expensive side, but im sure its worth saving up
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Go with the Boss. Those things are invincible. If you want proof, I have an old DS-1 that's still working from when it was made back in 84.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by IncubusMan999

So because YOU prefer analog delay, that instantly makes Boss digital delays "some of the worst available"?
Delay is one of the few effects I would consider buying Boss. Only digital though. That prompts me to ask a question though; i may just be having a brainfart, but do Boss even do an analogue delay?
404: Sig not found.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Fail. Analog-elitists piss me off. The DD-7 is a great pedal.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65

The funny part is that he doesn't even acknowledge the difference (analog vs. digital) and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even know what it is.
Boss DDs are great pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i always thought analog was better, correct me if im wrong but arent the carbon copys the best delays for under 200?
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
yeah carbon copy rules for the $$
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I'd go Boss, but if you can stretch your budget, a Carbon Copy or Memory Man.

And how dare you list Iron Maiden on the bottom!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by brkwdballer1891
wow you are dumb. boss's are GREAT delays.. and besides.. hes looking for a digital delay.. the carbon copy is analog..

I agree on that.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Line 6 echo park?

I want one of these. Don't mean to hijack thread, but what to people think of those?

The boss ones are fine, dont let people tell you otherwise.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by dcdossett65

This.

Quote by papersun87
So because YOU prefer analog delay, that instantly makes Boss digital delays "some of the worst available"?

Also this.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
they made one that i know of the dm-2 i believe?

Still i think if you want cool features in a delay you're pretty much going to have to go digital. But i also think the whole dominance of analog delays is a myth.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Id get the Ibanez DE7 delay, it offers more than the DD3 sounds better and has more delay time.
Quote by THEKID546
Id get the Ibanez DE7 delay, it offers more than the DD3 sounds better and has more delay time.

This would be okay, but if you can fork out the money for the DD-7 than you should do it.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I have the DE7, and for the money, it's pretty unbeatable. Of course if you have the money, then go for a Boss DD7. If you have even more money, go for an EHX Memory Man.
Quote by papersun87

He has a good point.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by Darkflame
well do they make any analogue pedal ?
That's what I asked.
404: Sig not found.
Neither pedal is great...the Behringer is pretty much a clone of the Boss with a plastic case. I've played both and they sound incredibly similar (yes this is a bad thing). If you want a digital delay I would give the Electro Harmonix Echo #1 a try. If you want an analog delay...go for the MXR Carbon Copy.
I don't get the whole Carbon Copy bandwagon. I've played one, it was nothing special - I prefered the Modtone Analog Delay and the Ibanez AD9 for analog delay, but I prefer digital delay anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Page 1 of 2