Page 1 of 2
Anyone here love one pickup guitars like I do? I love being in control of my tone in respect to my pick attack, Volume adjustment, picking position, etc.
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)
Last edited by physicsdummy at Mar 4, 2009,
Guess I'm alone =O
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Nope, I love one pickup too. It has to be humbucker though, I really love the look of it. Sadly, there are not a lot of guitars with single pup in the market today. (And with good reason)
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by physicsdummy
Guess I'm alone =O

Well, considering that your the pits official troll. This shouldn't be new.
Quote by kelvinxkelvin
Nope, I love one pickup too. It has to be humbucker though, I really love the look of it. Sadly, there are not a lot of guitars with single pup in the market today. (And with good reason)

Yeah I know the only ones I know on the top of my head are any Tom DeLonge model, the PRS SE One or the Ibanez ORM

Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Well, considering that your the pits official troll. This shouldn't be new.

hehe XD

My babies:

I do as long as I like the tone. The one problem about one-pickup guitars is you're stuck with the tone. Granted most one-pickup guitars kick ass tonally, but you have to be sure before buying.

That being said, I've always wanted a Les Paul Junior.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Ahh Les Paul juniors, my buddy had one at one point and we both thought it was crap. How naive I was back then (You know those days when you just started guitar and everything sucks unless it has like 3 EMGs and is spiky as hell?) and then he gave it away, I never kept in touch with him, I bet he regrets that now.

My babies:

Last edited by physicsdummy at Mar 4, 2009,
Aye. And Zakk Wylde never grew out of that phase.

Quote by necrosis1193
Aye. And Zakk Wylde never grew out of that phase.

Ha, alot of people never grew out of it

My babies:

True. Though fortunately Zakk is almost the only one that actually got a signature model made out of it, besides a few Jacksons...

I personally can't stand one pup guitars,I need the versatility and tonal variations that multiple pups offer.That's not to say that one pup guitars are bad,I've played several nice ones,but they just aren't for me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I have a one pickup guitar in my LP Melody Maker. The single bridge P-90 has loads of tone and is a rock and punk juggernaut. I also dig the versatility of my two pickup Buckshot. I'll own both without prejudice.

Although we probably won't find many haunting UG, a lot of jazz guitarists play big archtops with only a neck pickup. I guess they'd also be fans.
Last edited by carpepax at Mar 5, 2009,
i wish my xiphos had one pup
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
The thought of having only one pickup and one volume and tone control honestly makes me squirm a bit.
Ah, how I lust over you so, Gibson SG Junior...woe is me...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
My Ibanez is now a one pick-up guitar. The day it arrived, I yanked all the stock pick-ups out to put a super distortion in it. Never put the other pups back in it, or the tone knob
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I can't deal with it :p

Too little tonal variation, I need at least an HH if not an HSH or HSS to be happy.

I love smooth lead and clean tones that neck pups can give with the right tweaking too much to let it go and use one pup guitars.
^ That focus would be my worst nightmare. I need at least 3 knobs/switches to keep me happy and have something to fiddle with
Yea I understand what you mean, I personally like the simplicity. The Focus is balls to the wall, the Pacer is very well rounded actually.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I really like the look of single pickup kramer barettas with custom paint jobs. Leaves more room for the art. I really wouldn't mind a single pup in bridge postion as long as I had another guitar that had a neck pup in it.
I don't know why, but I absolutely love the LACS Dinos...

我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"

My babies:

Quote by STABxYOU
I love my ORM-1. One pick-up is really all I need.

I was thinking of getting one and switching out the stock pup for a Seymour JB Jr.

Are they good quality guitars?

My babies:

Bump

My babies:

Quote by physicsdummy

Is that yours? If it is, where do you live, because I'd love to stea-err, borrow it for a recording.

I like Pete Koller's first act sig (one EMG in the bridge, no volume or tone controls) just cause it's like "just pick the ****er up and play it"

But I'd miss the neck pickup cause I like to wail out Journey and boston solos
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.

the only one pickup guitar i would love to own
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Yes! I love one hum in the bridge. I'm surrently building a guitar in shop class, a Rhoads/Alexi with rounded horns and a single EMG in the bridge. Tasty.
Quote by heretic-clown

the only one pickup guitar i would love to own

What in the world!?! Why doesn't that have an X2N? R.I.P Chuck.
Quote by JagStang5246
What in the world!?! Why doesn't that have an X2N? R.I.P Chuck.

that was just a show model when it was first going to be released, now they come with the Dimarzio X2Ns
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
i love one pickup guitars it gives the guitar better tone in my opinion from the extra wood where the neck pup and its controls would be
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Quote by necrosis1193
Is that yours? If it is, where do you live, because I'd love to stea-err, borrow it for a recording.

Yeah it's mine, and how about I go to and record for you =P No one touches my baby

My babies:

Last edited by physicsdummy at Mar 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 2