I've been playing for a few months now and I can play riffs/choruses to a few very easy and basic songs (Glycerine, Santa Monica, Sunshine of your Love, etc. stuff like that) although my playing is pretty sloppy but I am slowly improving. My biggest issues are changing strings and strumming the right strings.

Power chords cam pretty easy to me but all of my attempts at trying to learn actual chords that use 4 - 6 strings have ended with me getting frustrated because A) Theres so damn many of them B) They are exceedingly difficult for me to actually grab the chord and get it to sound right even after like 5 minutes of trying to do it and C) How the hell am I going to remember all of the finger positions? and I end up saying to myself "when am I actually going to need to use this to play my favorite rock songs?"

Do I really need to learn all of these chords to play and are there any good lessons out there you can point me to?
Easy steps if you no how to play E major and minor you use the exact same shapes move your fingers along a fret and barre the chord with your index finger that making a major minor chord on the E string

Exact same step for the A string A major minor shape move along

So just remember the major and minors and all based on the E and A formulas
In the long run, it would be better to learn all of them. Sucks, i know, but it will pay off

(^ the end of the world)
well the barre chord position is the same all the way up the neck, you just change the root note and shift the position.

open chords were hard for me when i first learned them too. especially switching from anything to the g-chord. i dont really know any videos to teach you how to play chords but there are several lessons available that would be helpful to read but overall practice will do u the most good. for a while itll sound like ****, but youll get it eventually
No real lessons man... Just pick songs with open chords and play play play play play. I know EXACTLY what you mean. At first it took me literally like 25 seconds to get all my fingers down to play a C open chord. It SUCKED, but just practice playing them over and over and it will come.

These songs are all about chord switching so they'll be good tests:
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Don't Panic - Coldplay
Dani California (intro) - Red Hot Chili Peppers (bar chords)
New Slang - The Shins
Strange Apparition - Beck

I would highly recommend looking at these songs to improve. The AC/DC one is quite difficult in my opinion, I can't even get it right a lot of the time.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards