I currently have 7 pedals on my DIY pedalboard that I'm (still) building, but 3 of the pedals don't alter (or color) my tone at all:

Korg Pitchblack tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Boss FS-5U momentary footswitch

What non-tone altering pedals do you have on your board?
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Just to be clear, I don't mean pedals that "suck tone". I mean pedals that aren't designed to alter your tone like AB/ABY switch boxes, footswitches, tuners, buffers, metronomes, etc.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
btw, I love your gear and GAS list!!!

Thanks!

I'm revising my GAS list slightly. The MI Audio Neo Fuzz is falling off the list and getting replaced by the MI Audio G.I. Fuzz. I think I want the meaner, thicker tone I'll get from a silicon transistor compared to the creamier germanium transistors in the Neo. Thanks for reminding me to update the GAS list.
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Umm, my FD2 kinda, in many settings it doesn't alter tone, just boosts the signal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Both of my self-built pedals are true-bypass because I used a 3PDT switch. The rest of my pedals aren't technically true bypass, but they don't suck tone as far as I can tell.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
A volume pedal? Although, in reality that does alter your tone, no matter what you try. But it's not designed to change your tone, just your volume. I understood the question, don't worry.

EDIT: and an NS-2 noise suppressor, which cuts noise, which I don't consider tone.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Last edited by Cutlass_253 at Mar 5, 2009,