Well, my best friend's dog just died, and he was all upset and stuff and he called me up, and I simply didn't know what to say to him. The truth is, all of us in our friend circle never really liked his dog anyway, and that makes it awkward to console him. I'll have to speak to him a bi t later today, and what do I say?

I told him it's for the better, etc(His dog was really old and was really uncomfortable, so they had to remove him from the drip he was on a for a couple of days), but how do I make him feel better without looking fake(I genuinely feel bad for him, but I don't know how to show it)?

It would be awesome if anyone with a similar experience could help please, thanks!
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

plenty of other dogs in the sea?

..edit: lol sorry that was pretty mean. anyways just say 'sorry man, i don't even know what to say. its probablyfor the best, he was in horrible pain and now he can rest in peace' then dont say anything after that. if i were your friend i probably wouldn't expect anyone else to know what to say. probably just wants to know you've got his back in some way or another
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Mar 4, 2009,
dog gone it?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Sorry, losing a dog can be quite ruff.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Sounds Ruff. Ruff Ruff.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Let someone you know "accidentally" direct him to this thread? I mean, you are legitimately sympathetic.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Ah the pit, where sympathy comes to die a painful painful death.....
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

"hey i'm really sorry dude but hey... I herd u leik teh mudkipz"

sorry if that's inappropriate I'd just give him some space.
Sorry about your dog, dawg. That sucks
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.

Cyanide & Happiness @
This.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by masturnate42
dog gone it?

now that wasn't very nice!! I would just be honest with him... tell him what you th ink
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
My friends dog just recently died too. He actually got over it a lot quicker than expected. I think maybe you should just give him some space with it. Go out with him and do something fun, try to get his mind off of it.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
My friends dog just recently died too. He actually got over it a lot quicker than expected. I think maybe you should just give him some space with it. Go out with him and do something fun, try to get his mind off of it.

This, you guys could just go out cruzin for some bitches....
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Yea, just give him some space. If he mentions it just say "yea man i know...that must suck pretty bad...'

I don't know if you've noticed but to a guy, something like that is plenty enough.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.