Hey UG. I hate the sound of my electric guitar on a clean channel. However, I love the sound of Nylon Acoustic-Electrics. So how can I make my electric guitar to sound like a nylon acoustic or is it even possible?
A really really really good acoustic simulator pedal?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Listen to much Fleetwood Mac? I am willing to wager that if you put nylon strings on your electric you'll get a similar tone.
Tonight won't be your last

Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Schecter C-1+
Ampeg B25B & SVT 15
Quote by Hippypunk
Listen to much Fleetwood Mac? I am willing to wager that if you put nylon strings on your electric you'll get a similar tone.

The pick-ups won't work so you'll hear nothing.
ಠ_ಠ
Not true. If they Nylon Acoustic Electrics exist Nylon stringed electrics will work. Nylon sets typically have some metal in them.
Tonight won't be your last

Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Schecter C-1+
Ampeg B25B & SVT 15
Quote by Hippypunk
Not true. If they Nylon Acoustic Electrics exist Nylon stringed electrics will work. Nylon sets typically have some metal in them.

nylon acoustic electrics use piezo pickups and not magnetic ones, standard magnetic pickups will not pick up nylon strings.

and to answer the TS's question, no you can't.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Hippypunk

*facepalm*

Thank you for giving me my laugh for the day.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
You can get pretty close to a steel string acoustic using a guitar with Piezo pickups. Also, some reasonably priced multi-effects have a decent steel string acoustic simulator (like the Boss ME-50). The only way I know how to get nylon sounds from a steel string electric is using MIDI or similar modeling.

However, if you'd buy a Piezo equipped electric, a pedal or a guitar processor just for the nylon string sound, you might as well save up for an actual nylon string like a Godin Multiac of some sort.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Try a synth unit like the gr-20 which will do anything u want even piano n bass guitars
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Hippypunk
Funniest thing that I've ever read on UG.